Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 21:40 from Nice delayed

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Just got in. Shattered and stinky. But would do it all again in a heartbeat. What a week.

Just need some sleep before Liverpool now :lol:

Hope everyone's back ok, from this flight or whatever other means. See you in Amsterdam!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Couple of BA ni
🤣🤣🤣 I know it’s not funny for those delayed but this whole of the last few days has been carnage.

Bumped into some Brighton fans at Marseille airport tonight who didn’t make the game after they flew into to toluese yesterday got on the train to Marseille but their train hit someone on a bike. Got stuck on the train for 4 hours then when it got going it broke down. They got to Marseille about an hour before kick off tried to get a taxi to the ground. By the time they got to the ground they weren’t let in. Then went to return to toluese today and their train had been over booked, they were put on a train an hour later which again was overbooked. In they end they gave up and booked a flight from Marseille. Poor sods.
Wow that's incredible. Sounds like they were a little too over compliant and just went along with what they were told!

As I said on another thread I had heard 2 separate stories of people getting turned away if they didn't use the bus. After hearing about a couple of people on nsc saying they did it without the bus I thought it might be possible but now reading the above has put the doubt in my mind again and I wonder how many got turned away and gave up. Looks like lots of empty seats in those vlogs

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not only was the plane delayed, some moron was threatening one of the cabin crew (it was a french passenger) so we were held on plane at Gatwick until the Police had dealt with him. Added another 20 minutes of hanging around.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
🤣🤣🤣 I know it’s not funny for those delayed but this whole of the last few days has been carnage.

Bumped into some Brighton fans at Marseille airport tonight who didn’t make the game after they flew into to toluese yesterday got on the train to Marseille but their train hit someone on a bike. Got stuck on the train for 4 hours then when it got going it broke down. They got to Marseille about an hour before kick off tried to get a taxi to the ground. By the time they got to the ground they weren’t let in. Then went to return to toluese today and their train had been over booked, they were put on a train an hour later which again was overbooked. In they end they gave up and booked a flight from Marseille. Poor sods.
Ah man - horrible.

Presumably they arrived at the ground without tickets?

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Wizzair probably look upon that as being on time, their flights are often delayed, sometimes horrendously so.

Hope you made it home ok.
Apparently the reason for the delay was our original plane having a technical issue needing a long period of maintenance.

They then moved a plane from the Antalya - London route with a 2.5 hour delay, we were the lucky ones. The other route is looking at a 4-5 hour delay.

Midget

Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Apparently the reason for the delay was our original plane having a technical issue needing a long period of maintenance.

They then moved a plane from the Antalya - London route with a 2.5 hour delay, we were the lucky ones. The other route is looking at a 4-5 hour delay.
It's the pay-off for cheap tickets it seems.

Looking forward to flying wizz again for Athens! :rolleyes:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's the pay-off for cheap tickets it seems.

Looking forward to flying wizz again for Athens! :rolleyes:
Airlines rarely have a spare aircraft even the big scheduled airlines. Planned maintenance is usually down well in advance of the time limits and often those scheduled for a hangar visit will be diverted back out to be used. The issue is the config of the aircraft etc even if they are the same aircraft type. While the big airlines may have extra capacity it is not just a case of moving a different aircraft onto the stand it's far more complex. Any delay can result in the pilots going out of hours, which can be allowed down route but not allowed from their main base.

Midget

Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Airlines rarely have a spare aircraft even the big scheduled airlines. Planned maintenance is usually down well in advance of the time limits and often those scheduled for a hangar visit will be diverted back out to be used. The issue is the config of the aircraft etc even if they are the same aircraft type. While the big airlines may have extra capacity it is not just a case of moving a different aircraft onto the stand it's far more complex. Any delay can result in the pilots going out of hours, which can be allowed down route but not allowed from their main base.
I get that, but I think Wizz are well known for it, swapping planes around all over the place.

Despite what they announced, I don't think the problem was with 'our' plane, my friend was tracking them. It was a knock-on from problems elsewhere. Sounded like the plane earmarked for our flight got sent to Faro instead because of an earlier delay somewhere else, then we picked up one coming in later from London that was in turn supposed to be going somewhere else.

Cynics would say it's better for them to inconvenience multiple flights, to avoid any single flight going late enough that they have to compensate or deal with any actual customer service.

It is what it is. Pay less and accept the crap, or opt for a better experience but pay more. Our tickets back were under £25 and we got there in the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here