Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 21/22 break Through Predictions

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I would imagine Caciedo would be in with a shout of matchday squad appearances this season and hopefully he turns out to be the real deal .

The player I'm most interested in is Longman , on loan at Hull , I really do think he could be something special , I will keep my beady eye on his performances.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The centre-forward we haven't yet signed who bangs in enough goals to have Ian Wright and Alan Shearer discussing on MOTD what a great signing he was.
And how he has solved the problem Brighton had last season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The centre-forward we haven't yet signed who bangs in enough goals to have Ian Wright and Alan Shearer discussing on MOTD what a great signing he was.
And how he has solved the problem Brighton had last season.
I don't think he's coming.

With all the nidfielders we're signing we could be relying on more goals from midfield - after all, apart from Gross who made a decent contributio of 7 goals in his first season, our main midfielders - Bissouma, Stevens, Propper and Lallana - have been pretty shit when it comes to scoring goals. Get midfielders chipping in with 5 or 6 goals each, and even with our present strikers we shoot up the table. Andone might finally turn out to be good too.

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

With all the nidfielders we're signing we could be relying on more goals from midfield - after all, apart from Gross who made a decent contributio of 7 goals in his forst season, our main midfielders - Bissouma, Stevens, Propper and Lallana - have been pretty shit when it comes to scoring goals. Get midfielders chipping in with 5 or 6 goals each, and even with our present strikers we shoot up the table. Andone might finally turn out to be good too.

There is still plenty of time. I wonder if we have an eye on a squad player at a big club, who need to sign someone first?

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

With all the nidfielders we're signing we could be relying on more goals from midfield - after all, apart from Gross who made a decent contributio of 7 goals in his forst season, our main midfielders - Bissouma, Stevens, Propper and Lallana - have been pretty shit when it comes to scoring goals. Get midfielders chipping in with 5 or 6 goals each, and even with our present strikers we shoot up the table. Andone might finally turn out to be good too.

I think your right

Good strikers cost BIG fees.I am quite happy with what we have got.If Andone is fully fit and Potter can sort his head out we could have a new player,

Really looking forward to the new season,even without Biss and White

No doubt i will be labelled a licker

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think Connolly & Alzate are going to step forward and make their best seasons so far.

Out of those who are yet to play in the PL, I think Leo Östigård could be a candidate.

Decent call if he remains fit.

Hasn’t AC got to sort out a ‘domestic’ matter first

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think your right

Good strikers cost BIG fees.I am quite happy with what we have got.If Andone is fully fit and Potter can sort his head out we could have a new player,

Really looking forward to the new season,even without Biss and White

No doubt i will be labelled a licker

I'm with you there. I'm sure we would fork out a decent amount for a striker if the right one comes along at the right price, and I'm sure the recruitment team will have a few potential ones lined up should the cards fall in to place. I just don't think it's our priority.
There are some on here who think it should be, I know ............... but I don't think it is.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
The 'White' replacement in defence, I expect our back 3 to generally look like this:

------------Webster---------Dunk--------Roberts---------------

Burn & Veltman will fill in any gaps here or at wing-back.

If that did happen and March was a regular that would mean we had 4 Sussex lads as regulars. I wonder when the last time that happened?

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I would expect Ostigard to come in and replace White, and do well.

Maybe Khadra and Caicedo other prime candidates?

There wont be more than two or three breakthroughs in a season, there never are, given how competitive the squad is.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
God, we really do have a lot of talent at the club nowadays, don't we?

However, anyone saying we don't need a striker - did you pay any attention at all last season?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patreon
Aug 24, 2020
Some good shouts, and yes, we do have some exciting talent. Moder is already almost established, but for me, the pick of the Moder, Karbownik, Caicedo trio is Karbownik. He is the baller. I'd love to see Caicedo break through, but I think it's a bit soon. Khadra is an interesting one, and I've not seen much of him. He looks a strong lad. I'd forgotten about Van Hecke, but he may be a replacement, should Ben White leave. I suspect he's better in the air than our Ben. Mwepu the computer is presumably the natural replacement for Biss, ahead of Caicedo. That leaves Andone, who I've always rated highly. If he can get his head right and channel his aggression in the right way, he could be the one who surprises. I'm so looking forward to the new season. Writing this has been good therapy after the England debacle.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
God, we really do have a lot of talent at the club nowadays, don't we?

However, anyone saying we don't need a striker - did you pay any attention at all last season?

The idea that we don't need a striker is a very scary thought. Welbeck did well, but was injured a fair amount of time and he is hardly likely to improve in that area. Maupay, yes he scored 8, but oh my goodness we need someone to finish the chances he had. As for Connolly...Hmm lets just say it hasn't worked out and move on from that. Finally Andone. Well he has the aggression and the ability but why did Potter bin him off at the 1st opportunity if he is so great? Also, he has had 2 shocking knee injuries so I wouldn't be holding my breath on him being the new striking sensation. So when you go through the talent of the squad in all areas of the pitch we look good until the final third. This is our Achilles heel. Our greatest weakness and most obvious priority. If we get it right it could be the catalyst for the likes of Maupay to really raise their game too. If we get it wrong I can see nothing but a repeat of our goal scoring woes for the coming season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here