Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2030 World Cup in "Britain"

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
By 2030 the Tories would have obliterated the whole world by chucking nuclear bombs at them

Look on the bright side. We'd stand a better chance of winning it!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If in Britain, why not share between the home nations, obviously with the final at Wembley.
Share the interest around the UK, keep all interested :thumbsup:

What home nations...Scotland will be independant, Ireland will be united, wales will have no one left in the place whenThe steel industry is moved to India. And we will be aligned to Russia and North Korea when jeremy gets in ...and abolishes elections.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't think other national FAs have ever asked questions about why South Korea and Japan have two separate teams.

Because, exactly like them we are all nation states in our own rights?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What home nations...Scotland will be independant, Ireland will be united, wales will have no one left in the place whenThe steel industry is moved to India. And we will be aligned to Russia and North Korea when jeremy gets in ...and abolishes elections.

Well if that's the case, I'm off to book two tickets to Mars!
See ya :lolol:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Host nations are automatic choices so I guess that would mean England Scotland and Wales unless FIFA insist on a GB team.

Northern Ireland?

Or are you predicting that they will have left the UK by then and there is a united Ireland?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If in Britain, why not share between the home nations, obviously with the final at Wembley.
Share the interest around the UK, keep all interested :thumbsup:

The link does mention a pan British bid, but also states an English bid. Personally we have sufficient grounds in England that would meet the FIFA requirements there is no need to place a token match or two in Glasgow, Cardiff and Belfast..

Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will have an interest in the tournament if their countries qualify.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We'll always be at the back of the queue with the twats that decide....Christ one World Cup since 1966 in the home of football is shambolic although not a surprise as most over there hate us wether you like it or not.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No it was a British bid not a UK bid.

GB - Wales Scotland and England
UK - as above + N Ireland

Thank you for stating the obvious I was working on the criteria for the GB 2012 Olympic team, which although it ended up as only English and Welsh players would have included Scots and Northern Ireland players if their associations had agreed or the players were good enough.

I also very much doubt that UEFA/FIFA would if they insist on a GB team then would let Northern Ireland try and qualify as a separate nation.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Thank you for stating the obvious I was working on the criteria for the GB 2012 Olympic team, which although it ended up as only English and Welsh players would have included Scots and Northern Ireland players if their associations had agreed or the players were good enough.

I also very much doubt that UEFA/FIFA would if they insist on a GB team then would let Northern Ireland try and qualify as a separate nation.

Team GB is a misnomer:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_GB

The team is officially known as the Great Britain and Northern Ireland Olympic Team, and the use of Team GB as the BOA's branding is seen as inadequate by some, as it suggests the team is drawn from Great Britain alone, which only consists of England, Scotland and Wales, while omitting the rest of the territories where BOA athletes are eligible for selection, most notably Northern Ireland, as well as the Crown dependencies (Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey), and the British Overseas Territories (BOT) not represented by their own National Olympic Committee.

In June 2009, Northern Ireland's Democratic Unionist Sports Minister Gregory Campbell suggested that the name should be changed as the abbreviated form was not inclusive enough as it "excludes, and indeed alienates, the people of Northern Ireland". Campbell's successor, Nelson McCausland, also suggested that an alternative name be found. Thirteen of twenty Northern Ireland athletes at the 2012 Olympic Games represented the Olympic Council of Ireland.

The British Olympic Committee has rejected calls for the name to be changed to Team UK, arguing that neither Team GB nor Team UK are entirely accurate, given that neither term covers all the members of its association, and that Team GB is an "effective trading name that fitted best with the Olympic identification of GBR".

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
TBH, I now think, with all the tax concessions, financial guarantees, etc,etc, that FIFA now demand from host nations, and the political chicanery previously from them, I would say, thanks, but no thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here