Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 2023-24 Premier League dark horses?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'll go then

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Man Utd
4. Arsenal
---
5. Newcastle
6. BRIGHTON
7. Chelsea
8. Spurs
9. Aston Villa
10. West Ham
11. Fulham
12. Burnley
13. Bournemouth
14. Brentford
15. Everton
16. Wolves
17. Sheff Utd
---
18. Crystal Palace
19. Nottm Forest
20. Luton

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I reckon:

1 Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Newcastle
---
5. United
6. Chelsea
7. Villa
8. Brighton
9. Spurs
10. Bournemouth
11. Burnley
12. Palace
13. Forest
14. Fulham
15. Brentford
16. West Ham
17. Sheff U
---
18. Wolves
19. Everton
20. Luton

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I think West Ham will struggle, their squad is weaker than last season and they have 6 European games to cope with before Christmas.
My prediction is for David Moyes to be the first Premier League manager sacked.

el punal

Thanks for that, watch them do the double over us, this season now....
My comment was a rival’s insult rather than an opinion on how good/bad they’ll be. I don’t think they’re a bad team, they certainly improved when Hodgson returned. I just want us to beat them convincingly both home and away and end up way above them in the league. Not too much to ask for eh? :drink:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Surprised to see folk thinking Liverpool could reach second. With their midfield departures I reckon they'll struggle to achieve last seasons placing

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I've seen Burnley marked as possible relegation candidates but I reckon they'll do better than expected - could make it to a top half finish
Id be surprised if Burnley finish top half to be fair. Theyve lost a few of their better players, as they were loans, Tella and Maatsen especially, and Kompany hasnt really attracted the calibre of recruitment I was expecting.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Id be surprised if Burnley finish top half to be fair. Theyve lost a few of their better players, as they were loans, Tella and Maatsen especially, and Kompany hasnt really attracted the calibre of recruitment I was expecting.
Yeah, I know they're not expected to finish in the top half - that's why they're dark horses. My feeling is that momentum will carry them a long way, we shall wait and see

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Dark horse to really struggle this year HAS to be West Ham. No signings and they've lost what feels like an irreplaceable player. They don't seem to have neither much of a spine or much backbone. Can really see them getting sucked very near the bottom and they have no chance of breaking anywhere near the top ten

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I have a feeling Luton will scrape survival and that Bournemouth might have a strong season by finishing top 8

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't think there will really be any dark horses this season. Every team won't finish in the same position as last season, obviously - there will be some up and down movement, but I just don't see any of last season's strugglers (or the newly promoted teams) gate-crashing the top table, nor do I expect any of the higher end teams suddenly struggling in a relegation fight.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Bournemouth will be top half this season I reckon. Quality new manager and two excellent signings today in Scott and Aarons. Kluivert looks a promising signing for them as well.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Black Beauty
boot.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here