Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2022/23 Relegation Thread

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Not saying they'll get relegated, but I think Leicester may struggle next year. Having said that, for the drop:

Leeds
Bournemouth
Fulham

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
In the week before Leeds avoided relegation the knives were out for Jesse Marsch with plenty of Leeds fans saying he didn't have a tactical clue.
Once they have a run of bad results the knives will be out straight away for Marsch and Victor Orta.
I also think that Southampton are weak and will need strengthening if they want to avoid being sucked into a relegation fight. They will be losing Broja who returns to Chelsea after his loan.

Bournemouth, Southampton and Leeds for me. Maybe Brentford if they lose Erikson and Toney.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Always worth sticking a tenner in us if you’re into betting. I mean, let’s face it, we ain’t going to be in the PL forever and only takes a few Cherry pickers to turn up and we’re on the slippery slope. Likes of Palace and Soton have a PL pedigree, we’re still building ours. Despite 5 seasons, we’re nearly always last on MoTD, Guardian’s 10 things from this w/e etc. Some pundits probably still need telling we’re even in the PL.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Right now I can't see beyond the promoted 3 going straight back down again.

Fulham are already weaker having lost Carvalho. I think Mitrovic is more mature and at 27 at his peak, and he could reach double figures but I don't see where the other goals are coming from.

It's a similar tale at Bournemouth and Solanke.

As for Forest, they will need to re-sign 4/5 loanees just to stand still. The likes of Worrall, McKenna, Cook will find it tough against Prem quality attackers. They might be better off taking relegation and the parachute payments and coming back stronger in 2 years like Burnley under Dyche.

Of the rest, Brentford will find it harder second time around - especially if Eriksen leaves - but Thomas Frank is a good manager and I think he will keep them up.

Leeds are the ones most at risk as it looks like Phillips and / or Raphinha could be off, but these are big money players so they'll have cash to spend. Unfortunately they don't have a manager with the pull of a Bielsa to bring in similar quality. Bamford, Ayling, Cooper all missed a lot of last season and they'll be back, Harrison and James are useful, they've bought Aaronson and are being linked with a lot of other players so I think they'll have more about them than the promoted 3.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Forest look totally unprepared for the PL
Two from Fulham, Bournemouth and (oh pleeeeeease) Leeds to join them
Comfortable upper mid table for us

el punal

There is always one team that has a slip following a decent previous season and gets dragged into it - just hope it isn't us

That might have been the case before our 2-1 away win at Arsenal. We then had a storming finish to the season showing loads of skill, confidence and, at last, the ability to score goals. On that basis I feel confident that we have everything in place to either match last season’s position or kick on. Having said all of that I, too, am wary of things that can go horribly wrong.

Quietly optimistic then. :cheers:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, thus far we have each team's selection in this thread for relegation:

Bournemouth 23
Leeds 19
Southampton 15
Forest 14
Brentford 12
Fulham 11
Wolves / Villa 2
Arsenal / Newcastle / Palace 1

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I'd like to see Southampton and Bournemouth go down. Saints are a dreary outfit in a dull town with a dull ground.

But I truly hope Forest go with them. I have never heard so much guff as I did in the commentary on their game with Huddersfield. "One of the great names of English football"? Really? Their history is mostly one of mediocrity. They've spent as many seasons outside the top division as in it. They have won one (1) league title, which is the same as Ipswich and Sheffield United and fewer than Derby, Burnley or Po*rtsm**th. If not for Brian Clough they'd be a provincial Birmingham City or a red and white version of Norwich.

Southampton a dull town? Since when did they achieve or deserve that accolade? Best description I can think of is that Southampton is marginally better than Portsmouth which is significantly worse than Mogadishu!

TNBA

TTF

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But I truly hope Forest go with them. I have never heard so much guff as I did in the commentary on their game with Huddersfield. "One of the great names of English football"? Really? Their history is mostly one of mediocrity. They've spent as many seasons outside the top division as in it. They have won one (1) league title, which is the same as Ipswich and Sheffield United and fewer than Derby, Burnley or Po*rtsm**th.

And, of course, fewer titles than their play-off opponents - a truly great name of English football

As to who will go down? Clearly, at least one of the promoted teams will (and probably two)

I'm going for Forest, Bournemouth and Southampton ... although Leeds will be close as will Brentford.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Always worth sticking a tenner in us if you’re into betting. I mean, let’s face it, we ain’t going to be in the PL forever and only takes a few Cherry pickers to turn up and we’re on the slippery slope. Likes of Palace and Soton have a PL pedigree, we’re still building ours. Despite 5 seasons, we’re nearly always last on MoTD, Guardian’s 10 things from this w/e etc. Some pundits probably still need telling we’re even in the PL.

Not sure how “pedigree” or the opinion of pundits of whether we’re last on MOTD (we’re normally not anyway) is going to make the slightest bit of difference. Ask Burnley or Sunderland or Stoke. And if you stick a tenner into Albion going down - then that’s £50 at least you’ve wasted so far so not sure how that’s “always worth it “ either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here