Fulham

With us hovering above

SAC

May 21, 2014
I suspect that there are a few more transfers to go but my pre-season guess is;
Brentford
Fulham
Bournemouth

Although I would like to be wrong about the first two and see Dirty Leeds and Everton finish bottom 3.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Bias aside I can see Palace amongst the relegation mix this season. They have lost Gallagher (arguably their best player last season) and relying on a Zaha who's caught up in repeated hostage situation every season for the past few years. I just can't see it going very well for them this season

Sadly I disagree.

They've got a (surprisingly) decent manager and the core of a team that's FAR better than some of the (IMO) more likely contenders for relegation.

My runners & riders:

Leicester - outside chance, but Rodgers could well walk if/when their better players are sold. No players signed and lots of bids/rumours of bids for Fofana, Maddison, and Barnes. Schmeichel apparently on his way out too. It could all implode terribly.
Everton - more likely than the Foxes. I really don't rate Lampard and they've lost Richarlison. Tarkowski and MacNeil could be solid, unglamourous signings that galvanise the team, or could show why they were relegated with Burnley last season...
Southampton. - I think they will struggle, but will be saved by 3 worse teams.
Leeds - will be bailed out by January signings, but will struggle without Raphinha and Phillips. Marsch gone at Christmas. Second coming of the Messiah, with a Christmas-themed bucket?!

Forest. Massive step up, but they are spending relatively big. Cooper seems to get a lot out of his squads, but has a big job on his hands to keep up the belief when they are getting gubbed most weeks. Will JLingz be the West Ham version, or the Man U version? If he flops, they are toast.
Fulham. Can Mitrovic finally get anywhere near his Championship form? Even close and that'll do, but I suspect he'll prove that he's a great Championship striker, but not quite good enough in the Prem to save them.

'Muff. Tinpot, bye!

In summary, it's Bournemouth as certs for me, plus 2 from the others. Most likely the other 2 promoted sides, but I hope not as any 2 of the others would be far more satisfying.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sadly I disagree.

They've got a (surprisingly) decent manager and the core of a team that's FAR better than some of the (IMO) more likely contenders for relegation.

My runners & riders:

Leicester - outside chance, but Rodgers could well walk if/when their better players are sold. No players signed and lots of bids/rumours of bids for Fofana, Maddison, and Barnes. Schmeichel apparently on his way out too. It could all implode terribly.
Everton - more likely than the Foxes. I really don't rate Lampard and they've lost Richarlison. Tarkowski and MacNeil could be solid, unglamourous signings that galvanise the team, or could show why they were relegated with Burnley last season...
Southampton. - I think they will struggle, but will be saved by 3 worse teams.
Leeds - will be bailed out by January signings, but will struggle without Raphinha and Phillips. Marsch gone at Christmas. Second coming of the Messiah, with a Christmas-themed bucket?!

Forest. Massive step up, but they are spending relatively big. Cooper seems to get a lot out of his squads, but has a big job on his hands to keep up the belief when they are getting gubbed most weeks. Will JLingz be the West Ham version, or the Man U version? If he flops, they are toast.
Fulham. Can Mitrovic finally get anywhere near his Championship form? Even close and that'll do, but I suspect he'll prove that he's a great Championship striker, but not quite good enough in the Prem to save them.

'Muff. Tinpot, bye!

In summary, it's Bournemouth as certs for me, plus 2 from the others. Most likely the other 2 promoted sides, but I hope not as any 2 of the others would be far more satisfying.

Pretty much how l am looking at it too.

Oh l'd add Wolves to that list of possible relegation candidates too. Tailed right off in the latter stages of last season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
18. Brentford
19. Leeds
20. Bournmouth

Last edited:

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I really am surprised at the number of people who think Forest will survive.

Their squad is bad and they got promoted through a combination of luck and 5 loan signings that are now all gone - and most of the players they have bought to replace the loan signings are not of the same standard. They have a very outside chance if Johnson and Lingard score goals - but you can't help but think that Lingard will go through the motions collecting his £10m paycheck and move on next season.

They're not as bad as Bournemouth at this stage - but I can't see them to getting close to surviving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here