Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2019 Cricket World Cup

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Been keeping an eye on the Convicts progress and it's odd to say the least. I thought they had some sort of master plan to win by sticking around and then turning on the afterburners...… but, there are NO afterburners, they are choking by degrees.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
India has to resort to review to get a correct decision on LBW

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Smith on his bike, 238-4 after 40. RRR 11 plus.

It tipped back to the Convicts there for a few overs but I think India will close this out now... just..... Mind you, at some point, England as favourites WILL have to get past one or both of these two !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Another one goes 244/6

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Its is probably me being an old grouch, but what REALLY pisses me off and stopped me watching the IPL , is all this crowd shot bollox

Every few seconds we are faced with “ happy” people jumping up and down in front of the camera..grinning inanely and waving manically! The thing is it doesn’t matter how the team are doing...yesterday, when the Aussies were batting, it was all quiet in the ground, the Indians only get behind their team when they are winning and playing well, and the cameras kept going into the crowd and there they all are leaping about ....... even when a four or six is hit by the opposition it is as if it is an Indian has done it.

The Indians are not alone in doing this, but it is so bloody false, I end up switching off and listening to the radio!

You like your team, we get that, but who is all this “ enthusiasm” aimed at..we don’t ****ing care about your team..we don’t ****ing care if you are happy.

Yesterday they cut to some grinning twats as the bowler was running up and cut away as the ball passed the batsman ...it’s as if the cricket didn’t matter and it was all about these twats.

.......and breathe

.....and relax.....

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Its is probably me being an old grouch, but what REALLY pisses me off and stopped me watching the IPL , is all this crowd shot bollox

Every few seconds we are faced with “ happy” people jumping up and down in front of the camera..grinning inanely and waving manically! The thing is it doesn’t matter how the team are doing...yesterday, when the Aussies were batting, it was all quiet in the ground, the Indians only get behind their team when they are winning and playing well, and the cameras kept going into the crowd and there they all are leaping about ....... even when a four or six is hit by the opposition it is as if it is an Indian has done it.

The Indians are not alone in doing this, but it is so bloody false, I end up switching off and listening to the radio!

You like your team, we get that, but who is all this “ enthusiasm” aimed at..we don’t ****ing care about your team..we don’t ****ing care if you are happy.

Yesterday they cut to some grinning twats as the bowler was running up and cut away as the ball passed the batsman ...it’s as if the cricket didn’t matter and it was all about these twats.

.......and breathe

.....and relax.....

Quality Rant, made up for the washout at the Toilet Bowl. :clap:

Agree with every word.

Anyway back to the Competition, isn't it nice to see the minnows Seth Efrica have finally picked up a point?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Warner 'bowled' but the bails didnt come off that is the 5th time this tournament that it has happened. Why should that be?

Somezing very strange about that indeed but the ICC have bailed out on doing anything about it. Wish I could put a light on it but I'm stumped.

Jul 7, 2003

.......and breathe

.....and relax.....

I was at the Oval on Wednesday for NZ v Ban. Now, don't get me wrong - it was a great atmosphere in the ground and Bangladesh fans really enjoyed themselves. Never seen so many grown men carrying around large cuddly (tiger) toys but still.

However, even in the ground, the screens kept cutting to crowd shots or even more annoying, people very badly attempting to play the cricket bat guitar rather than showing replays of what has just happened on the field. Also, the PA and scoreboards at the Oval were lacking in information. Had to resort to phone apps to find out any details about economy rates, scoring rates etc.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
That Cottrell catch at the boundary to remove Smith was one of the best pieces of fielding I've ever seen. It was genius :lolol:

I can confirm it was quite amazing live. I got a couple of quite late tickets which must have been held back in Row A on the flat for potential disabled use.

It was literally heading at me when he caught it the first time. In the still shots I can see that my hands were coming up to catch it but I suspect it would have just smacked into me!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Warner 'bowled' but the bails didnt come off that is the 5th time this tournament that it has happened. Why should that be?

The LED bails are a lot heavier apparently

Then need to get rid immediately. Absolute shambles. The sport has to embrace technology / entertainment, but when it starts affecting the actual sport things have clearly gone wrong.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The weather has not helped matters but this World Cup is yet to really catch fire. The Champions Trophy is infinitely more exciting, top 8 teams two groups of 4 and all done and dusted in a fortnight.

It is conceivable that every game this week could be washed out.

:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here