Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Calderon

Votes: 64 32.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Calderon is the second least flair player in this group behind only Skalak, who surely has to be one of the least flair players ever to play the game.

Anybody voting for Calderon needs to read the rulebook because at no point does it say model professionals with long service, a wholly committed approach and a solid yet unspectacular playing style are flair.

Spot on re. Calde - he should have been barred from this, because people who just don't GET IT risk spoiling the whole thing...

Bang wrong on Skalak though - capable of the (very) occasional worldy, and is clearly utterly mental. Definitely flair, in his own strange way.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
In fact to avoid an early TRAVESTY, someone needs to post the video of Jiri crowd-surfing down Queen's Road, quick.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm not buying that Skalak offers anything in terms of playing style that could be considered flair. He's scored one great goal. That's it. If you erase that moment from history I don't think I've ever seen him do anything flair on the pitch.

But I agree that I have probably harshly ranked him behind Calderon. As you say, he's clearly far more mentally unstable which automatically makes him more flair. But I'm still not seeing there is much of a case for him qualifying from this group. The fact him and Calderon currently stand to go through ahead of Kemy, CKR and Sandaza is a disgrace.

Did you see him at Bournemouth in the EFL Cup?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I'm not buying that Skalak offers anything in terms of playing style that could be considered flair. He's scored one great goal. That's it. If you erase that moment from history I don't think I've ever seen him do anything flair on the pitch.

I'd say he's the worst diver we've had at the club in recent years, if that helps.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

But I agree that I have probably harshly ranked him behind Calderon. As you say, he's clearly far more mentally unstable which automatically makes him more flair. But I'm still not seeing there is much of a case for him qualifying from this group. The fact him and Calderon currently stand to go through ahead of Kemy, CKR and Sandaza is a disgrace.

Lose the fixation with what happens ON the pitch. What did Kemy ever do on the pitch? Did he even ever play? Kemy's contribution to this is ridiculously bad attitude and a thousand instagram selfies wearing ridiculous outfits, in a house with no furniture. All good stuff, which should put him well ahead of Saint Calde.

Skalak is the same - look at the off field weirdness, and especially the wired, Albanian hitman appearance.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
He put Kemy to shame with how uterly useless he looked on the pitch.

Much as I'm a fan (and have cast him my vote, as the clear real winner Paddy, will coast through) being useless is not, in itself FLAIR.

Especially being useless, but having a great attitude - work hard in training, keep your head down, etc and trying to make the best of your limited talents. On this count, Kemy's 'being useless, with a terrible attitude, and clearly thinking you are much, much better than the reality, then eating yourself obese in protest at not be picked' wins hands down.

But this really shouldn't be between Jiri and Kemy. Manager's pet, charity-bothering, super-proffesional, impromptu ice-bathing in the sea, Inigo Calderon is STEALING the spot.

What the **** is wrong with people?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have only just seen the votes, who the hell has voted for Calde! Thats an insane amount of voting.

I know he is playing in India now, which is pretty flair to be honest, but does not deserve that status at all.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Apart from the whole 'having to leave Rangers, after getting recorded slagging the club off, in a cab' thing, is Fran Sandaza especially flair?

(That said, he did subsequently become a bit of a cult hero, at FC Tokyo. I went on their on-line store to try to buy a Sandaza key-ring, but they'd flown off the shelves :down: )

Oct 25, 2003
I like the case you put forward. You're winning me round. I still don't think Skalak ticks anywhere near enough boxes to be a contender, but it just shows that flair can be found in so many ways.

On a related note, is on-pitch flair more or less important than off-field flair? A lot of people like McCourt but he's not really flair off the pitch.

I think Paddy wins appearance points for resembling someone who’s just asked me for spare change along Western Road.

His wife volunteered at my old work and it seemed like he was just a quiet family guy who married his childhood sweetheart to be honest so basically zero points for off-field flair

But surely he gets MAXIMUM on-field points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here