Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2016 Ryder Cup

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I would enjoy it more if it was like the Davis Cup us against the yanks.
It used to be, as I'm sure you know, but it became completely unfair given the number of pro golfers, courses etc in the US compared to GB and Ireland. It's now a level playing field and makes for one of the greatest competitions in sport. I have no problem with supporting our team just the same as if they were all English.

I don't support Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland in football but I do in the Olympics, or the Davis Cup.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Not content with the moronic 'Get on the hole' chant....the American Intelligencia now have

'It's short of the flag' for any green approach shot......

and the sub-moronic

'U U
U S A

U U
U S A'

Jeez I am somewhat surprised that they , as a Race, can walk on two legs?

TNBA

TTF

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This has gone to shit

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What is all the FUSS about ? It's just another OVER HYPED SKY Sports nonsense and ANYWAY we shouldn't be playing as we're NOT in EUROPE anymore

We are still at the moment but when Brexit kicks in what then will it be the end of our involvement of the Ryder Cup. Not if as usual Sky have their say.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What is all the FUSS about ? It's just another OVER HYPED SKY Sports nonsense and ANYWAY we shouldn't be playing as we're NOT in EUROPE anymore

We are still at the moment but when Brexit kicks in what then will it be the end of our involvement of the Ryder Cup. Not if as usual Sky have their say.

What a load of bollocks. Worst case it'll be 'UK and Europe' but I think the competition is based on geography, not the political organisation of countries. We're not leaving the continent.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It irritates me the U - S - A chant and the seeming lack of class and the crassness, but actually it has raised the awareness and enjoyment of the event.

I got bored of golf, well golfers actually a few years ago so wouldn't be watching this without the current partisan crowds and the millionaire golfers showing some passion, its nearly there in terms of a worthwhile sporting event ...............

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I don't think we'll turn it round, but stranger things have happened.

Ryder Cup Singles day is truly one of the best events in global sport to watch though. Be great watching later on whatever the result.

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I don't we'll turn it round, but stranger things have happened.

Ryder Cup Singles day is truly one of the best events in global sport to watch though. Be great watching later on whatever the result.

Except for the loud mouthed yanks.
Watch it with the sound turned down and subtitles on is my advice.
They make my piss boil.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Who doesn't like a bit of USA bashing.

The BBC - they seem to be trying to turn us into the 51st state now. As well as F##king Farage.

We get obscure death notices of people no-one's heard of put as front news items, plus a train crash as the lead story where ONE person was killed. But of course it was in NY.

I suppose it proves how safe our own railway system has become, we hardly have any fatal accidents (as opposed to depressingly large numbers of suicides) on British railways now. I'm touching wood here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here