Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2015 - how's it gone for you so far?

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
2015 started in Seaford with me expecting to wind down towards retirement (57 this year). In Feb work asked me to move to Southern California to make some big changes over the next couple of years.
Wife, kids and dog all ecstatic.
Me? Well, somewhat bemused by the unexpected turn of events but have to admit to feeling rather good about the vote of confidence.

9/10

(only 9 'cos the place is full of Americans)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Awful. Father very unwell. I've suffered stress related illness linked to that. Several car prangs which have cost me a fortune and Brighton, for the most part, were rubbish.

Hoping for better things the second half of the year.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Terrible, might have been the worst 6 months of my adult life.

1/10

Only scored 1 because in the last few days I might finally be seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Looking back on mine it's been pretty good.

My first daughter (born Aug last year) is doing really well, growing up and getting a brilliant personality which I love with all my heart.

Relationship is excellent.

Set our wedding date for next year so the missus is all hyper.

Doing well at work although I'm there far too much.

Studying at college as a mature student to get a qualification in what I do is going well. Due to hit distinction grades in a BTEC Manufacturing Engineering course.

Cons

Spending too much time at work. I've got used to 30+ hours overtime a month and used to it so been spending too much. The missus wants me at home more. 50+ hours in 4.5 days is hard graft with a 10 month old at home so I'm not seeing her enough which kills me but the money is needed. This is on my list to work less and spend more time at home but where can I cut costs to enable me to do it?

Still miles away from owning my own home. I'm 37 and have 0 savings. It'll take 10 years to even save for a deposit and then I'll be 47 trying to buy a 25 year mortgage on a (by then) £300k house. Computer says no. And that's what annoys me even more. My rent costs MORE than a mortgage. I just don't have the capital. Bring back 100% mortgages please Mr Cameron.

Now have a daughter and a wedding to pay for. It'll take 10 years to save a deposit so what the **** do I do apart from work more? (See con 1)

In reasonably good health although the smoking needs to go.

Still overweight.

All in all, some things are going well but some things need belts tightened and some serious motivation to get things done. Time is passing way to fast for my liking.

7/10

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Pretty good - got a new job which is a promotion, seen Barcelona play, lift the la liga and Xavi's last game. Been to Berlin, about to go to Italy and Denmark . Family health is good, so can't complain. Only negative is the election result and the football

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Daughter just about to turn 1. Amazing wife. Low pressure, local job which means I get to spend loads of time with them. Nothing else really matters. Blinding year so far.

Plus my home brew is delicious.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just before Christmas was my lowest Albion ebb since the dark days. I expected us to be crap at Withdean. Watching that shower of shite in my son's first season was massively frustrating. Work wise I helped close a deal on a new project and was then told I was running it which was a shame as I was already running something else. I was (like [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ) carrying way too much timber.

I was also drinking too much due to the stress and a miserable, curmudgeon because of it. Running has saved me too. I've lost 15 kilos (don't know what that is in stone) and knocked booze on the head except for weekends and special occasions. I am back to running one project, have time to write and, as a result of all these things. am way less stressed. Blood pressure massively down, kids massively happier. I'm a better person. The signings we've made in that time are the icing on a farking massive cake.

9/10

Edited to read better

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
7/10

Work going really, well in a job I didn't think I would be for another 3-4 years. Great benefits, huge earning potential and doing well so far. That said very hard work, long hours and a lot of travelling. Largely happy but periods under a lot of stress.

Sold my place after 8 months, buying nice house with the missus. Stretched ourselves a bit, but after 3-4 months should be fine. Downside is, bad timing for a holiday this year and with work really need a get away!

Slight downside, reaching 30. Difficult to get groups of mates doing fun things (we used to do a lot of festivals, big nights in London etc) but dawning on me it's slowing down.

Not had many family related bereavements in my life but closer relatives starting to get a lot of health problems so slight worry.

Lastly probably don't see my family enough due to busy lifestyle which I regret but difficult to manage.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
It improved today with the news that we have lost out on Leon Best

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It was going reasonably well, but seems to have suddenly gone down the toilet in the last couple of weeks.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Could be better, then it could be worse, work has got really quiet, (self employed) struggling to lose the weight i want to, still single, need i say more about The Albion, plus side is i still see my 2 wonderful children reguraly and have gone back to racing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here