Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2014 ryder cup - registration

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
My concern is what they are going to do with this data, how and where are they going to store it and is it secure, whatever next dna samples for a trip to wembley?

Errr..they'll use it to make sure you are you and let you in to the event, I expect your image will be kept on a database until the event is over and will then be deleted. No. It won't lead to DNA testing. I'll tell you what...don't buy a ticket if you're bothered by it.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
So does your name, and your address, do you not want to give them those either?

see above reply

Errr..they'll use it to make sure you are you and let you in to the event, I expect your image will be kept on a database until the event is over and will then be deleted. No. It won't lead to DNA testing. I'll tell you what...don't buy a ticket if you're bothered by it.

The money put aside for this will be spent in the Albion shop, thanks

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
My concern is what they are going to do with this data, how and where are they going to store it and is it secure, whatever next dna samples for a trip to wembley?

Ok so lets say the worst happens and they get hacked and someone gets access to their server would you rather they had access to your credit card details or a picture of you?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I actually think this is a very good idea and will stop touting on the event - words can't describe what low lifes tout tickets in order to make themselves money. I don't see really how its an invasion really, it means should your ticket ever be lost of stolen it wouldn't be able to be used, if I wanted tickets to an event I certainly wouldn't let having my photo on the ticket effect whether I bought one or not, think that's a little bit strange. But hey ho, each to their own. :bigwave:

Mar 13, 2012
This is no different from the 2010 ballot for Celtic Manor when you had to upload a photo - I did and was not sucessful in the ballot - In the 3 plus years since I did this I don't think my personal data has been compromised and I don't think anyone has the slightest interest in my photo. However please feel free to object to increase my chances this time.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
This is no different from the 2010 ballot for Celtic Manor when you had to upload a photo - I did and was not sucessful in the ballot - In the 3 plus years since I did this I don't think my personal data has been compromised and I don't think anyone has the slightest interest in my photo. However please feel free to object to increase my chances this time.

Always happy to help out a fellow Albion supporter so i tell you what, as i no longer want to go send me a picture that meets the criteria and i will apply with your mug shot and that will give you an extra chance, you can have the ticket at face value. no need to thank me.

Mar 13, 2012
Always happy to help out a fellow Albion supporter so i tell you what, as i no longer want to go send me a picture that meets the criteria and i will apply with your mug shot and that will give you an extra chance, you can have the ticket at face value. no need to thank me.

That's not a bad idea as most days I look pretty similar to your avatar anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here