Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2012 Highlights

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
2012 has been a pretty memorable and eventful year for all kinds of reasons and in all kinds of different fields, certainly the Summer for me was about the best I can remember for various reasons. What have been your highlights of the year?

First up for me, this:

[yt]slhydQjJQsk[/yt]

I've listened to, and liked, Bruce Springsteen's music for ages but this was the first time I'd had the chance to see him live (this is not my video, btw). Hyde Park on a beautiful Summer afternoon and walks on stage and does Thunder Road with only a piano and mouth organ accompaniment and has 80,000 people singing along. The start of over 3 hours and 30 songs of the greatest concert I have ever been to.

Next, this:

[yt]-LosG8FmaEo[/yt]

I'm sure everyone has their own favourite Olympic moment, but this has to be mine mainly on the grounds that I was lucky enough to be there to see it live. The atmosphere in that Velodrome was like nothing I have ever experienced (with the possible exception of Buckley vs. Donny), it capped off a brilliant day and formed part of a great two weeks in general. For all the cynicism and doom-mongering beforehand, the Olympics were a fantastic thing to have in this country and did so much to actually cheer everyone up for a couple of weeks as we won medal after medal.

Number three:

[yt]kFXI9GCMXig[/yt]

Had to have an Albion one in there somewhere, and I know this was only a friendly but it's not too often we get to play, and beat, the reigning European Champions.

On a personal note, 2012 has also been the year where I've met someone I have so much in common with in basically every possible way, so much so that it almost feels like we were meant to be together (cliche, I know). So, all in all a pretty decent year for me. :smile:

Over to you...

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Tough choice. Take this as a starter:
Cycling-WigginsCavParis2012-REU1601928.jpg

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Olympics / Paralympics just superb.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Olympics for me. Always wanted to go to the Olympics, finally got to go - athletics and football. Fantastic.

Also I bought my first house, which was nice.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Taking Jnr Bobkin to his first match at the Amex - Wrexham in the cup. Not the greatest game, but it was enough for him to want a season ticket and he now sits alongside me every game. He's had various health issues in his eight years, so see him singing the songs, complaining when people leave early, and generally having a ball, makes me a very proud Dad, and fan!
Other highlights include clocking up over 700 miles running - losing two stone in the process - and a great summer of sport. Olympics was immense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here