Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2011 World's Hardest Creature Competition- NOMINATIONS THREAD

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I give you the STINGRAY, it KILLED Steve Irwin so it MUST be hard!
1_STINGRAY_461.jpg

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I am happy to join the Honey Badger band wagon but I need some evidence,

I have so far only found thus

The Honey badger has been referred to as "the meanest animal in the world", and they are often considered to have no enemies, apart from man. However, in reality there are a number of records of them being killed by lion, leopard and on one occasion an African rock python. Some authors suggest that badgers are impervious to bee stings (and even bullets), but badgers have been stung to death by honeybees, particularly when they are caught in apiary traps (Kingdon 1989; personal communications). There is good evidence to suggest that, like other mustelids and viverrids (e.g. mongooses, hog-nosed skunks), badgers are less sensitive to venoms than many other mammals (personal observations).

What else do you have on this mean animal?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think Pelicans are pretty hard, if anyone watched the David Attenborough series Life there was that episode where they casually walked into another birds breeding ground and started to SCOOP up the babies and eat them alive.

Here is the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-BjDE5yJi4

The shadow scene alone at the beginning makes them look pretty bloody hard!
That's not hard, that's just creepy.

Great White sharks are hard, as are tiger sharks AND bull sharks. But you need only one, to unify the shark vote.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I am happy to join the Honey Badger band wagon but I need some evidence,

I have so far only found thus

The Honey badger has been referred to as "the meanest animal in the world", and they are often considered to have no enemies, apart from man. However, in reality there are a number of records of them being killed by lion, leopard and on one occasion an African rock python. Some authors suggest that badgers are impervious to bee stings (and even bullets), but badgers have been stung to death by honeybees, particularly when they are caught in apiary traps (Kingdon 1989; personal communications). There is good evidence to suggest that, like other mustelids and viverrids (e.g. mongooses, hog-nosed skunks), badgers are less sensitive to venoms than many other mammals (personal observations).

What else do you have on this mean animal?

Well the fact that people are saying actually there are a number of records of them being killed by Lions, and some have even been stung to death by bees when caught in a trap(!), suggests that you are dealing with quite an animal. It's a badger for f*** sake, it should be no match for a lion in the first place. But it is, it kills lions. And it kills Cobras. Even when they get bitten by one first. They just have a little snooze then come back and eat it. Youtube it

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
That's not hard, that's just creepy.

Great White sharks are hard, as are tiger sharks AND bull sharks. But you need only one, to unify the shark vote.

If you're talking sharks then it has to be the Bull Shark. It's the most aggresive, attacks more humans than any other and even swims up rivers. The Tiger shark is pretty hard too, but not as hard. The Great White is a distant 3rd.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
See a Shark swimming UP a river is a BIT hard, cos it makes em sound all determined and that.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
See a Shark swimming UP a river is a BIT hard, cos it makes em sound all determined and that.

It had better hope and pray that Mr HONEY BADGER and his chums didn't fancy a dip in the river that day though.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Well the fact that people are saying actually there are a number of records of them being killed by Lions, and some have even been stung to death by bees when caught in a trap(!), suggests that you are dealing with quite an animal. It's a badger for f*** sake, it should be no match for a lion in the first place. But it is, it kills lions. And it kills Cobras. Even when they get bitten by one first. They just have a little snooze then come back and eat it. Youtube it

Done, I know it is seconded, so it will be in the contest, I for one will cast my honey badger vote.

It sounds like a cute little animal but underneath its a headmental, hard as nails, dont screw with me kind of animal, I am not to be messed with. Is this a cross over into the single women over 30 thread?

Oct 25, 2003
anyone voting for a great white shark needs to remember that

a) they're SHIT SCARED of killer whales
b) a killer whale will kill a gws JUST to eat its liver
c) gws' often get beaten up by DOLPHINS

Oct 25, 2003
in so far:
Hippo
Liger
Tiger
Crocodile
King Cobra
Brown Bear
Komodo Dragon
Poison Dart Frog
Bull Shark
Colossal Squid
Cassowary
Cape Buffalo
Seagull
Congolese Tiger Fish
Elephant
Rhino
Killer Whale
Baboon
Gorilla
Mantis Shrimp
Human
Asian Black bear
Honey Badger
Wolf
Wolverine
Tasmanian Devil
Sydney Funnel Web
Great WHite Shark
Inland Taipan
Blue Ring Octopus
Stonefish
Black Mamba
Mosquito
Mongoose
tiger shark

Needs Seconding:
Africanized Honey Bee
Camel Spider
Whelk
Emu
DUck Billed Platypus
Brazilian Wandering Spider
Australian Brown Snake
Giant Porcupine
Moose
Pelican
stingray

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
more WATER and AIR beasts please

Can I please nominate then...

golden_eagle.jpg
Golden Eagle

Known to attack monkeys, deer and goats often much bigger than itself. Videos on youtube of it throwing goats off clifftops for shits and giggles. Even attacks humans on some occasions (admittedly not for food). Plus, its a bird, but its bloody MAHUUSIVE.

peregrine-falcon.jpg
Peregrine Falcon

Believed to be one of the fastest, if not the, fastest animal in the world. Have achieved speeds of over 200kph (124mph) when swooping for their prey. Get their prey (usually small mammals) in their talons but kill with a disembowelling blow from its beak. Also have properly double-hard evil eyes.

EDIT: Also I second the Africanized Honey Bee, if its allowed to qualify given the Portugese Man'o'war doesn't as its multiple animals. The Africanized bee on its own ain't that hard, its just a bee, but its the aggression of the swarm and the hundreds and hundreds of stings of the whole group that make it a hardnut species.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Stingray I second. Steve Irwin wrestled Sharks and Crocodiles as a HOBBY. He caught spitting cobra venom in his mouth and described it as "like orange juice". Stingray ran him through like a 17th century swordsman.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm nominating the Eagle Owl, just because it's a MASSIVE OWL, and it looks cool.

eurasian_eagle_owl.jpg

Oct 25, 2003
right, just done the groups......there are 8 groups of 5.....they are roughly divided into land, sea and air (with a few exceptions to make it even sized groups)

I DON'T HAVE ANY FAVOURITES AS SUCH SO I DIDN'T FIX ANY OF THE GROUPS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here