Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2010: the year of the iPad / iSlate / Apple tablet (Apple haters move on please...)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think put you into a minority to be honest.

For the LAST TIME. Let's look at the ratio between the population of Hoxton/Shoreditch types and the amount of Apple users WORLDWIDE.

It's SO tired and SO boring. Get over it. :US:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyway, I'm stepping away from the same old tired PC v Mac debate that the dinosaurs keep dragging up. Horses for courses as far as I'm concerned. If I've made the wrong choice just silently point and laugh at me.

Happy to continue with the iPad talk though.

1264675088773.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
McDonalds are quite succesful as well you know.

Exactly. Yet not everyone that goes in there is a fat git, are they?

:clap2: Nice to see you seeing the illogicality in your own agenda, at last.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Granted but they are still consuming the same rubbish.

ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzz.

We get it. You don't like Apple stuff. Why are you still making this point?

We BOTH know that about 0.5% of people who own Apple products are trendy w*nkers who buy it to look cool. Most people actually use their Apple products.

Shall we move on?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just out of interest, given that you admit your Mac can't do anything that a PC doesn't, and also the fact that a PC could do the same things just as well for less money....why did you buy a Mac in the first place?

I didn't say any of those things. I was just distancing myself from the same old drivel.

As I've said numerous times on here, I think, the Mac does a great job of a home computer that, out of the box, does home computing stuff very elegantly, nicely and securely. I believe that is largely due to Apple controlling, very rigidly, the whole thing (ie hardware and software).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Granted but they are still consuming the same rubbish. Stick that in your Gola bag.

Oh shut up you leftie FFS

You lot hate any business success perhaps communism is more your style :bla:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well, who?

I swapped my iPhone for a htc Hero and haven't looked back. Doubt I'll get an iPad.

Well ask yourself this question, how many times can you remember a PC user STARTING a thread of this type ? It's never happened. Another question is why when somebody posts a thread asking for PC advice they usually get some helpful advice such as 'Get a Mac' ? That's about as pointless and funny as 'How you tried switching it off ?' But it does seem to make Mac users happy.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I didn't say any of those things. I was just distancing myself from the same old drivel.

As I've said numerous times on here, I think, the Mac does a great job of a home computer that, out of the box, does home computing stuff very elegantly, nicely and securely. I believe that is largely due to Apple controlling, very rigidly, the whole thing (ie hardware and software).

exactly. they produce great products that do the job that some people prefer to PC's. Simple.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oh shut up you leftie FFS

You lot hate any business success perhaps communism is more your style :bla:

:clap2:

You told me you were going to start buying the Guardian now you've seen the light on the computer front.

Was that the start of an ironic mullet I saw at the weekend ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well ask yourself this question, how many times can you remember a PC user STARTING a thread of this type ? It's never happened. Another question is why when somebody posts a thread asking for PC advice they usually get some helpful advice such as 'Get a Mac' ? That's about as pointless and funny as 'How you tried switching it off ?' But it does seem to make Mac users happy.

What, a thread about a new bit of kit they're excited about? What's wrong with that? Yeah it comes across smug but at the same time Mac users say that because they GENUINELY believe the PC user would be better off with a Mac.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
:clap2:

You told me you were going to start buying the Guardian now you've seen the light on the computer front.

Was that the start of an ironic mullet I saw at the weekend ?

Good idea, might go for the mullet again

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dunno why this has all descended into yet another "PC vs MAC" binfest. The thread is supposed to be about a brand new product launched by Apple amongst much bru-ha and fanfare, and whether we reckon it'll be any bloody good. Whats PC's and MACS got to do with it ?

Save the age-old MAC debates for elsewhere can't we ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Mac users say that because they GENUINELY believe the PC user would be better off with a Mac.

On what grounds (genuine question from something of a tech novice)?

What does a Mac offer that a similarly-specced and generally cheaper PC does not?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

I have to agree with this, I should point out that my Candian relatives know nothing about Computers and have no desire to move outside of their very comfortable Apple Comfort zone and why should they ? It's fair to say that Macs are better looking, they were the first people to have the complete works in in the monitor, something that has only recently happened with (rather expensive) PCs. The Mac does everything that the vast majority of people want to do. The PC is more complicated to use mainly because it has to be more flexible to all the multitude of different applications it can use. Having a Mac for home use does make a lot of sense I would agree.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
On what grounds (genuine question from something of a tech novice)?

What does a Mac offer that a similarly-specced and generally cheaper PC does not?

Often someone will post a thread due to technical difficulties with their PC/virus problems.

It is almost impossible for a Mac to get a virus. And generally Mac users believe their systems to be simply more "hassle free".

Whether the above is true or not depends on what you need your computing system for. I personally use a PC laptop that I'm more than happy with, gives me no grief.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What, a thread about a new bit of kit they're excited about? What's wrong with that? Yeah it comes across smug but at the same time Mac users say that because they GENUINELY believe the PC user would be better off with a Mac.

Well it's the fact that they erroneously believe that which is my point. As I have said, why do you virtually never see a room full of Macs in a work environment ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I suppose one thing is this Mac replaces a 6 year old computer so will always appear to be better.

I would not have purchased it without MS word, Excel etc..........

Suppose I have the best of both worlds now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here