Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2010: the year of the iPad / iSlate / Apple tablet (Apple haters move on please...)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have an IMac and an ITouch which will do me for the moment, I must say the ITouch is a tidy piece of kit.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can't believe anyone gets worked up on either side of the fence. Is anyone else apathetic about this?

Yes, me. Ish.

It is largely what I was expecting and we will buy one. As above, I know it will fill the void between our household's Macbook Pro and our iPod Touches (there is no such thing as an 'iTouch').

But I'm not worked up into a frenzy about it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's basically a computer disguised as a coffee table book.

Architects in Hoxton will be lapping them up.

Out of interest does it play flash or is that rather large corner of the web still invisible to Apple on their hand held devices ?

Because if it doesn't it pretty much blows out the water the already unbelievable theory that flash is only unavailable on the iPhone for technical reasons.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You said it was a lot (more) usable. What were you expecting them to deliver?

I already have a very positive view on Apple's approach to graphical user interfaces, having been a Mac user for over a decade. So I certainly wasn't thinking that Apple would release anything with a clunky GUI. I was thinking about the tablet as a magazine, newspaper, dedicated games console replacement. As all of those, it is eminently usable, far more than a laptop or iPhone, and so beyond what I thought they could deliver.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I already have a very positive view on Apple's approach to graphical user interfaces, having been a Mac user for over a decade. So I certainly wasn't thinking that Apple would release anything with a clunky GUI. I was thinking about the tablet as a magazine, newspaper, dedicated games console replacement. As all of those, it is eminently usable, far more than a laptop or iPhone.

You're right you can start a fire with a newspaper....

... oh hold on.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
I have an IMac and an ITouch which will do me for the moment, I must say the ITouch is a tidy piece of kit.

Is an IMac a Ladies Razor? :laugh:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
It's basically a computer disguised as a coffee table book.

Architects in Hoxton will be lapping them up.

Out of interest does it play flash or is that rather large corner of the web still invisible to Apple on their hand held devices ?

Because if it doesn't it pretty much blows out the water the already unbelievable theory that flash is only unavailable on the iPhone for technical reasons.

Unbelievably it doesn't have flash, so that's a big fail on the web browsing front.

Even more unbelievably there's no multi-tasking which effectively means that it's not really a viable alternative to a computer.

No camera on the front or back either.

It's not widescreen either, it's 4:3. So not great for video.

It really is just a big ipod and despite what the buzz says that makes it expensive IMHO.

Disappointing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here