Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2000 wolves in sussex.

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
So wolves are playing Palaces feeder club? Hope they snap the stadium into bits and take it back to the black country as a souvineer.

"red side of sussex?" What side? a friggin speck more like.

You won't be wanting me to save you a spot in the home end then.

Not quite.

We are averaging about 3300 this season at the checkatrade.com stadium.
We had Portsmouth turn up in big numbers last season but the Wolves game will see greater numbers.
It's going to be a test for the club on and off the pitch that's for sure.
went to the pompey game last season,know a few wolves going up saturday:blush: cant see any probs unless crawley win:eek:

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
They will think they've all died and gone to Crawley!

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
Wasn't there some afters in London at Kings Cross with Palace? Or was that another time? Got a bit lively I heard.
At their place last season it got a little bit heated if I remember after the match. The
whole game was a little bit nasty with half the lower tier separated from the other
half of Wolves and incidents during the match.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Having seen the weather conditions today, and knowing the state of the pitch, it must be reasonably likely that Crawley's big day tomorrow will become a less-exciting Tuesday night fixture sometime in March.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Well that's how many are turning up in Crawley on Saturday when Crawley Town host Wolves in the League one encounter.

This match will be the biggest in Crawleys history with a record crowd forecast.It's looking like there will be over 5500 packed inside the Broadfield stadium.

A few concerns though.

The Wolves fans are being allowed to use the Redz bar along side Crawley ones before the match.We have had this policy for quite some time and it has worked nicely so far with only minor incidents ever occurring.

How have the Wolves fans been when visiting Brighton over the years?
I take it they have always been well mannered,courteous and generally all round good eggs.

For the first and last time in my life I'll be in the Wolves crowd. Unfortunately my friend is a big Wolves fan and is in the UK for the weekend so I've been dragged along...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Apparently Brighton took liberties at Wolves last season and although it's widely reported the last game of the season was a love in, there were incidents in town with wolves mob looking to save face for the early season embarrassment at theirs !!

Me and my mates got caught in the middle of it, outside the railway bell, some good old fashion luzzing random objects occured resulting in some old bloke getting punched on the nose and ended up being taken to hospital. about 12 Wolves fans ended up getting turned over by the looks of it. got locked in the bell for an hour with no booze.

when i say caught up, we were drinking in the bell, before someone trys to call me well 'ard.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
So wolves are playing Palaces feeder club? Hope they snap the stadium into bits and take it back to the black country as a souvineer.

"red side of sussex?" What side? a friggin speck more like.
Extremely well put. Crawley has got nothing to do with anything that is good about Sussex.

I'd have to look on a map to check how wrong I am geographically but I honestly regard it as being aligned with Croydon.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He shot, he scored, it must be ...

Chase sheep all over the place. Have them for dinner.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Extremely well put. Crawley has got nothing to do with anything that is good about Sussex.

I'd have to look on a map to check how wrong I am geographically but I honestly regard it as being aligned with Croydon.
A quick look on Google maps shows that Crawley is noticeably closer to Brighton than it is Croydon.

As for good things, well it provides plenty of JOBS. Brighton on the other hand, is chock full of commuters whinging about their journey to London, because there aren't any jobs locally that will pay the mortgage.
And traffic. You can drive more than 50 feet in central Crawley without having to join a 20 minute queue.
And things actually get BUILT in Crawley. Crawley council doesn't feel the need to bow to soppy pressure groups numbering about 7 people before building something to change it for the better.

Don't get me wrong, I like Brighton and it is obviously a more desirable place, but Crawley IS Sussex, HAS improved consistently over last 30 years, and has plenty to be proud of.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There is a photo on Twitter with the water level lapping 6 inches under the crossbar :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There is a photo on Twitter with the water level lapping 6 inches under the crossbar :lolol:

....which has advertising boards on the stand for the Gloucester Mortgage Company, so on balance, probably isn't Crawley, is it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here