Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20 Years of North Stand Chat

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
BAG. Another one from the old days. Is it my imagination but are there fewer women around now? As well as BAG, we've lost Yorkie, Brighton Bird, Emily's Mum, Tedebear and that Leeds supporter whose daughter sadly died. Roz still posts but not as frequently as in the old days.Edna and Lush still fly the flag (and I know there are a couple of others) but it would be good to get more women on the site (unless they're here and staying incognito of course)

Yorkie is still posting very regularly as 'Thunderbolt'. Emily's Mum left the country...not sure about the others.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BAG. Another one from the old days. Is it my imagination but are there fewer women around now? As well as BAG, we've lost Yorkie, Brighton Bird, Emily's Mum, Tedebear and that Leeds supporter whose daughter sadly died. Roz still posts but not as frequently as in the old days.Edna and Lush still fly the flag (and I know there are a couple of others) but it would be good to get more women on the site (unless they're here and staying incognito of course)

Yorkie is still around but re-badged so to speak.

My goodness what a lot of fun NSC has been

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I assume most on here with a Jul 2003 Join Date were probably here before but I have no recollection of what that involved.....

I was aiming for the lowest post count of a Jul 2003 user but that has been beaten already but as I always say Quality not Quantity.

As said previously, here's to the next 20!

EDIT: I remember Krispies as a user but not sure the name is around today?

Emily's Mum last posted on Monday.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Wasn't it orginally launched as the Albion Campaign Pages? I remember Fans United being suggested on there by Richard Vaughn - and the Mansfield boycott by... ( :cough cough: )

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..

waves!!!!

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
I've been around since the late 90s, used to use dial up on my partner's computer after she had finished working from home. Remember Man Of Harveys, Rool, Barnet Seagull, Hart's Shirt, Croydon Seagull (now Lush) being around at that time, also cannarian seagull who I believe is no longer with us. It was on here that we had the idea of the first NSC sponsored game, we chose Andy Crosby as Man of the match, much to the disgust of Micky Adams who thought we should have given it to Kerry Mayo. I remember Martin Perry spending time with us in the hospitality portacabin at Withdean saying it was the first time he had known a supporters group sponsor a match.

Despite not always being prolific when it comes to posting over the past eight and a half years, NSC is always somewhere I can still rely on to go to for a wide range of topics - both football and non-football related - to read discussions on or get involved in. Life wouldn't be the same without it!

Can still remember creasing up with laughter in my University IT area whilst reading the Jamie thread as it was in full flow. Fireman Dan was another brilliant thread I remember being glued to eagerly waiting for the next update! Might have to spend some time going through those & some of the other great NSC Gold threads!

Last edited:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Must have first accessed NSC at least 10 years ago via the now defunct Sussex CCC Official Messageboard, I waited a while before I posted and at first only did so on cricket threads.

Nowadays of course I can spout bollocks on many other subjects.

I do miss London Pompous and his pwoper nawty tales...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Where does Seagull's Server come into the mix? I remember posting on it but can't remember where it fits into NSC history.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
been around from early on (early 1997 I think when I bought my first PC) and one of the first sites I visited? The Seagull Server and NSC, just after the Barney and the Smurf Hate pages (what is blue and white and goes around at 200mph? Smurf in a blender..... )

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
My first post (on dial up from work) would have been the day that Zamora was signed permanently and was to alert NSC users that an independent bookmaker in Eastbourne was offering 33/1 win only on The Albion for the division.

I had £50 on it and don't remember much about the Cheltenham game the following year. ..... Apart from kissing Micky Adams who had lovely smooth skin.

Lush

Mods' Pet

Some are in my signature, but I probably need another clear out of the DAFT Bints (DOSSING ALBION FANS TOGETHER - female division).

Just taking a moment to remember Trish.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Welcome!

NSC still get a few new users most days. I don't track whether how many go on to participate - maybe I should.

Do you think you'd have been more likely to have joined sooner if we had an "Introductions" area as some other forums do?

Or an away end keeping the Palace off the main board.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There was an old version of the board. I certainly belonged to it but can't remember when I first joined - it was certainly before my published Oct 2003 date.

It's a real shame that the NSCBeforeReset database is (presumably) no longer accessible. It would be a genuine time capsule. The critical build up to Falmer including Lord B's wondrous despatches from the front line of the numerous grinding Public Inquiries, the build-up to the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq and debating thereof, the full and unabridged Wedding Zinger Chronicles etc. etc. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Where does Seagull's Server come into the mix? I remember posting on it but can't remember where it fits into NSC history.

Seagulls Server was the first Brighton website to be formed, it contained much reports, news etc. I then bolted onto the site a forum which was called North Stand Chat. The rest is history

Seagulls Server started about a month before the abandoned York match.

I tried at the time to get the club involved but they were not interested, fairly obvious why [emoji2]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here