Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£20 for a game that never happened.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Did you want to think about that answer?

I did think about it, the reasoning behind my response was that we didn't need the incentive of a commemorative ticket. They need the cash for sure, but it's a bit of a joke selling tickets for a game that never occurred. If fans want to give a bit of extra cash to the club they can buy a share: http://accringtonstanley.co.uk/share-issue/

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
But, from the outside, us chucking £40 for nothing must have seemed odd. I applaud any initiative a club like that can come up with, when they are in need, although if PBs reading I don't want to ticket for the 2013/14 Play Off Final we could have got to!

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Remind me what we got for paying £40 into the Forty Note Fund? Or donating to the Buy a Player fund? Or for paying to buy Dick Knight's shares?

All very easy to laugh at this sort of idea when you've got a shiny stadium, million pound players and a rich chairman but it wasn't so long ago the Albion were doing similar

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I don't see the issue, it's a bit of fun that might raise some cash for the club.

No-one is being forced to buy one after all and what's the worst that could happen? Fans of other clubs laughing at/looking down on you means nothing really.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
But, from the outside, us chucking £40 for nothing must have seemed odd. I applaud any initiative a club like that can come up with, when they are in need, although if PBs reading I don't want to ticket for the 2013/14 Play Off Final we could have got to!

I suppose at a glance it might have appeared odd but we were in a situation that necessitated that action so it made sense to donate. Don't get me wrong I agree with you that clubs who need cash urgently are welcome to do what they can, I just thought a ticket for a game that didn't even happen seemed somewhat cynical. Having looked into it further the club have said that they could potentially be redeemed for a friendly in the future with United depending upon negotiations so it's not quite as bad as I thought at first. No offence intended, I appreciate just as much as anyone the strains clubs are sometimes put under.

I whole-heartedly agree with the bit about a play-off final ticket :thumbsup:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I suppose at a glance it might have appeared odd but we were in a situation that necessitated that action so it made sense to donate. Don't get me wrong I agree with you that clubs who need cash urgently are welcome to do what they can, I just thought a ticket for a game that didn't even happen seemed somewhat cynical. Having looked into it further the club have said that they could potentially be redeemed for a friendly in the future with United depending upon negotiations so it's not quite as bad as I thought at first. No offence intended, I appreciate just as much as anyone the strains clubs are sometimes put under.

I whole-heartedly agree with the bit about a play-off final ticket :thumbsup:

No offence taken mate, just having the debate. I think it struck a nerve as many friends, some of whom now attend The Amex, thought that given cash for nothing and attending marches etc was just plain crazy and a bit futile; although I do have that smug upper hand now!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
The Stanley website is showing out of stock, someone must have bought the bloody things!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here