Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 Up Front

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
US hasn't posted in this thread.

I've already commented in the last part you quoted me on saying EVERYONE KNOWS WE'VE HAD INJURIES which is why we haven't been able to pay certain formations. This thread is talking about playing more attacking NOW WE HAVE SOME ATTACKING PLAYERS AVAILABLE like Rodriguez.

Blimey you've got NSC bad, 'us' is a word, capitalized to highlight the point that it includes me, and for all I know you as well.

What's the point of this thread (argument) then?

Oscar has played 2 up front, he hasn't had the players to do it, now they are coming back to fitness.
Simple, but that would still seem to difficult for some.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I'm expecting something like this tomorrow

uwBagts.jpg

Hey like the graphic! Reminds me, in a good way, of Kick-off on the console. Like the team too, though I wouldn't put Lopez on any team sheet. He's had his many chances and the bad games have far outweighed the good ones. I appreciate it's not his natural position, but I'd rather Orlandi was given a central/right slot instead.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Blimey you've got NSC bad, 'us' is a word, capitalized to highlight the point that it includes me, and for all I know you as well.

What's the point of this thread (argument) then?

Oscar has played 2 up front, he hasn't had the players to do it, now they are coming back to fitness.
Simple, but that would still seem to difficult for some.

US was for Uncle Spielberg, but I'm sure you knew that didn't you SB.

The point of the thread was for people to talk about the potential of having more attacking players in the team and the possibility of a change in formation. Then you waded in with your cock head post which was ott and unnecessary. It's quite simple really >> insert pointless patronising comment here <<

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Like the team too, though I wouldn't put Lopez on any team sheet. He's had his many chances and the bad games have far outweighed the good ones. I appreciate it's not his natural position, but I'd rather Orlandi was given a central/right slot instead.

I agree that Lopez doesn't deserve to start - I'd be interested to see KLL on the left and D-Rod on the right - but that's just what I'm expecting OG to do rather than what I want to see. If Andrews isn't fit then presumably Kemy will come into the side, although I like Orlandi as a central attacking mid

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
We've played that way for the last 3 years, and on the whole it has been successful. Just because of 3 blank away games in a row people want to throw all of that work away. You guys have short memories, people have forgotten some of the scintillating attacking play we've had in the last couple of years.

The key is getting the right blend of players so that we can still boss the midfield as we have been, but to be able to get forward quickly and cleverly (ie. not hoofing it). Doesn't help when some of the key players in the way we've played recently (Crofts, Barnes, Buckley, LuaLua) are either injured or sold.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
4-4-2 is dead?

Atletico Madrid play 4-4-2 in every game, home or away, and they're top of the Spanish league.

They do, a very, very narrow 442, with no wingers but a 442 none the less. What they have done is taken the need to dominate the central areas one step further, in 451 there are three players in that central area, in Atletico's 442 they have made it so they effectively have four players in there.

If we were to pick our team based on the formation Atletico employ it would be something like this:

Use this11.com for tactics for football

Not sure how the people calling for more attacking would feel if we lined up like that.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
They do, a very, very narrow 442, with no wingers but a 442 none the less. What they have done is taken the need to dominate the central areas one step further, in 451 there are three players in that central area, in Atletico's 442 they have made it so they effectively have four players in there.

If we were to pick our team based on the formation Atletico employ it would be something like this:

Use this11.com for tactics for football

Not sure how the people calling for more attacking would feel if we lined up like that.

Nice graphic application :thumbsup:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'd quite like to see this tomorrow if I'm being honest - Orlandi in the hole behind Ulloa to pull the strings and like Ulloa, the midfield and the wide men

abGlUlIak0.jpg

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'd quite like to see this tomorrow if I'm being honest - Orlandi in the hole behind Ulloa to pull the strings and like Ulloa, the midfield and the wide men

abGlUlIak0.jpg

Basically what I have, expect Rodriguez to be a lot narrower, and Lua Lua wider.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'm expecting something like this tomorrow

uwBagts.jpg

Yep. That's the formation and team that will get us 3 points, me 3 pints, and some hot pie action. BRING IT ON

But I'd like to see this too.

(dont know why Rodriguez is no.2 I can't change it)

Donny2.jpg

Ha, just seen we agree. It's only Donny so we need to go out with two wide men I reckon.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

abGlUlIak0.jpg

That is identical to my side! So, I agree.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Actually, did SD2 play left or right of Ulloa at Watford?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

abGlUlIak0.jpg

I'm agreeing with this team even though I hav'nt got a clue what Stephens and Rodney are like as players.

king B

Jun 16, 2011
I would mind seeing 4-2-2-2, you can play it with 2 wingers or 2 cam or 1 winger and 1 cam depending how the game is going

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This rubbish about 4-4-2 is getting boring we play 4-5-1 with the wide men of the 5 supporting Ulloa so effectively when attacking it is 4-4-2 the fact that due to injuries and poor form those two havent been doing the job is not a fault in the system but in individuals not doing their jobs..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here