2 strikers in before Yeovil.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So you think that despite several statements saying we want quality not just anyold donkey we are actually in a poor financial situation.

Some people just don't listen.

PS - or won't listen

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
we will still be paying a high proportion of Dunks Wages. The amount free,will not be enough to bring in much at all. I say give Dickenson a go. what have we to lose.

We don't know what Premier league 'kids' are earning, Berahino is supposed to be on £850 per week for example. Not saying we are going to get him, but lets not assume they are all on 10k a week.

Rory Donnelly at Swansea would be interesting, 21 year old, 6ft 2", had a good pre-season, but not getting near the first team. They signed him from Cliftonville, doubt he is on massive wages.

I've seen Dickenson in a couple of Dev squad games, he is playing wide left, Barker is playing through the middle. Barker isn't good enough for the 1st team.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
we will still be paying a high proportion of Dunks Wages. The amount free,will not be enough to bring in much at all. I say give Dickenson a go. what have we to lose.

It looks like you are having it both ways

- Dunk goes on loan and we pay a high proportion of the wages
- We want to loan a player, yet the loaning club doesn't pay a high proportion of the wages

???

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Clearly the thread title refers to the Yeovil HOME match, after both the next full transfer window, and next loan window :lolol:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
What I don't understand is that while I know all about FFP, which now seems to be the answer given to any question about players, is how we were thinking of signing Virgil van Dijk for £2.5 million or whatever last season. We're we just going to carry the extra loss on the 2012-2013 Balance Sheet, and we now can't? Would that figure not have been carried over?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
What I don't understand is that while I know all about FFP, which now seems to be the answer given to any question about players, is how we were thinking of signing Virgil van Dijk for £2.5 million or whatever last season. We're we just going to carry the extra loss on the 2012-2013 Balance Sheet, and we now can't? Would that figure not have been carried over?

Simple.

Holding back £2m for possible pay out to gus.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Where does it say in the Argus article we are trying to bring in two strikers ? It says 2 loanees , my guess is only 1 of them will be a striker.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Where does it say in the Argus article we are trying to bring in two strikers ? It says 2 loanees , my guess is only 1 of them will be a striker.

Good spot. Virtually alone upfront for a team looking to be at the top end of the Championship, replacing a known quality forward, not an easy job at all for a loanee. Yes may well be looking to improve the midfield support for him.

As Conway has shown (and he has been good for Cardiff in the past) it is not easy to perform well straight away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports