Votes: 78 47.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 35 21.2%
  • Times up for Oscar

Votes: 52 31.5%

• Total voters

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Im not disappointed with where we are in the league as I think its about right for the players we've got. But its the football we're playing and season fading away without a fight which annoys me. Its up to oscar to motivate them and he isnt

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
He picked an attacking line up today, the most attacking for some time, if not, ever.

Yet again we created chances but missed them. Yet again, we cannot shoot on target. Yup, must be the manager's fault. :rolleyes:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So surely than there has to be an element of doubt??? Could you also agree that he needs to change his style of play as he isn't getting anywhere near the best out of the players at his disposal who (even with all the injuries etc.) are a lot better than most of the displays this year. Unfortunately, professional player not giving a 100% (especially with a playoff place at stake) would suggest that the manager/head coach is not doing or can't do his job correctly! I would therefore conclude that there is a major doubt that Garcia is the man for the job!

1 or 2 changes could be made, I agree. The style of play is correct, but it needs to be more attacking and less defensive. It is all well and good defending, but if you dont score - you wont win. Our players arent as good as being made out and need to be improved on. The players themselves also need to give more effort and passion into performances, for example, Ulloa recently has barely put much effort in, if he has more fight, then maybe it would be a different result.

A player not giving 100% isnt solely down to the manager, it is mainly down to the player themselves though of course, the manager does affect that and I wouldnt mind knowing what Oscar says to his players - but all we can do is guess about that. I conclude he needs more time and a full pre-season, if things havent improved by the end of 2014, then we might need to be looking at a manager change.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Most of these players finished fourth last season.

Most? True, but we are missing Bridge,Barnes, Bridcutt and Vicente from last season, that's a fair amount of quality missing. Plus, have I missed something? We have just drawn two difficult away games, that's an improvement from last week.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Most? True, but we are missing Bridge,Barnes, Bridcutt and Vicente from last season, that's a fair amount of quality missing. Plus, have I missed something? We have just drawn two difficult away games, that's an improvement from last week.

But we've had Ulloa all season. Ward has been a decent replacement for Bridge. Upson has been here all season. Vicente rarely played.

Plus playing budget increased on last season suggest cash was there to fund replacements.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
1 or 2 changes could be made, I agree. The style of play is correct, but it needs to be more attacking and less defensive. It is all well and good defending, but if you dont score - you wont win. Our players arent as good as being made out and need to be improved on. The players themselves also need to give more effort and passion into performances, for example, Ulloa recently has barely put much effort in, if he has more fight, then maybe it would be a different result.

A player not giving 100% isnt solely down to the manager, it is mainly down to the player themselves though of course, the manager does affect that and I wouldnt mind knowing what Oscar says to his players - but all we can do is guess about that. I conclude he needs more time and a full pre-season, if things havent improved by the end of 2014, then we might need to be looking at a manager change.

Sorry we are going to have to agree to disagree on this. I think the squad we have, even with the injuries, are capable of playing a much more attacking way and honestly don't think that Garcia and Jones have the ability to motivate and improve the squad. The players are making it pretty obvious that they are not enjoying playing for the club at the moment (they may be as bored as I am watching it). You say give him till mid next season, what do you expect to see in the summer, loads of money being spent on new players? I think you may be disappointed. If we do have a clear out (which looks on the cards) I am not sure where the money is going to come from to rebuild the team with better players as most of those leaving will be out of contract and therefore will commend no fee. Which decent player will want to come and sign for a Spanish unknown and his lower league Welsh sidekick that have a reputation of negative football. IMHO TB needs to say thank you very much and goodbye to Garcia and Jones at the end of the season and bring in someone early in the summer to give him the time and any money to spend on players he wants, otherwise we will just have another half season of this negative shite that Garcia plays!!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Agree, it was never going to be easy for anyone coming here, we just haven't got the players of quality to work with and we are working from scratch, unlike Bournemouth. They came up with core of a young team who are growing together. We are just a mish mash of players.

I think Oscar has learnt what he has and hasn't got to work with and the real rebuilding will and should happen during the summer. If we step into next season without much activity in the summer I will be disappointed.

The biggest shame this season has been not clinching the Grabban and Conway deals. Oscar has got nothing to work with and I hope for his sake that we will be proactive in the market.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd suggest it wasn't otherwise it would have been spent surely?

Playing budget includes contract amortisation, so it has, in effect, already been spent by OG's predecessor.

Hopefully the Bridcutt and Barnes money will be spent wisely in the summer.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Agree, it was never going to be easy for anyone coming here, we just haven't got the players of quality to work with and we are working from scratch, unlike Bournemouth. They came up with core of a young team who are growing together. We are just a mish mash of players.

I think Oscar has learnt what he has and hasn't got to work with and the real rebuilding will and should happen during the summer. If we step into next season without much activity in the summer I will be disappointed.

The biggest shame this season has been not clinching the Grabban and Conway deals. Oscar has got nothing to work with and I hope for his sake that we will be proactive in the market.

Agree re: Conway and Grabban. But hardly starting from scratch. More like starting with the core of a squad which came fourth last season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agree re: Conway and Grabban. But hardly starting from scratch. More like starting with the core of a squad which came fourth last season.

Without Bridge or Bridcutt. They may have been replaced but not with players of the same calibre for this season. Arguably our two best players last season so slipping back would have been expected before taking into account everything else.

Btw I rate and like both Ince and Ward but they are not as good.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm frustrated by lots of things that have been done by the backroom team, but I'm nowhere near ready to start asking for a change of management.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Just an opinion, I personally don't feel Jones and Oscar work together well. Maybe a clash in character?

Again, how do you know that ? Stuff like that is private within the club, for all we know they could be best buddies who do everything together - lots of things on here tonight are guesses and assumptions.

We probably will find out in the Summer whether Oscar and Nathan get along though, as he may well want to bring in his assistant from Maccabi.

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
Again, how do you know that ? Stuff like that is private within the club, for all we know they could be best buddies who do everything together - lots of things on here tonight are guesses and assumptions.

We probably will find out in the Summer whether Oscar and Nathan get along though, as he may well want to bring in his assistant from Maccabi.

I'd say more an observation - Jones is the shouty hype you up sort of coach, whereas oscar seems more calm and collected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here