Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2 points off a possible Champions League place

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Burnley have just lost the brilliant Koleosho for some considerable time,a knee injury I believe so I'm hoping they won't just park the bus on Saturday,if they do then we're doomed and the thread starter will be forever blamed for Hexing our season with delusions of grandeur,burn the witch down with everything.
Koleosho has one goal and one assist in 15 games.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Koleosho has one goal and one assist in 15 games.
He maybe watches games with his EYES, rather than just looking at dry stats.

The lad is a VERY good, VERY quick player, and both ME and Joel Veltman are pretty happy that he's missing tomorrow's game (wouldn't wish a long absence on the young lad, obviously).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Has Kompany learnt how to park the bus yet?
Apparently not. It's a very different Burnley approach to the one we are used to seeing. It definitely helps us. (famous last words!)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He maybe watches games with his EYES, rather than just looking at dry stats.

The lad is a VERY good, VERY quick player, and both ME and Joel Veltman are pretty happy that he's missing tomorrow's game (wouldn't wish a long absence on the young lad, obviously).
Surprised you would say that ‘dry stats’ have been a huge part of our recruiting strategy.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I suspect by the time Man City play Arsenal in the Champions League Final, and we play Liverpool in the Europa Final (having beaten Man U in the semi), that will be enough points for the coefficient to give the 5th place to English clubs, even without Villa winning the Mickey Mouse Euro Disney Cup.

And of course, beating Liverpool in the final will give us an automatic place anyway, meaning 6 English sides in the Champions League next year.

....I will wake up from my dream soon....
Can we beat Manu on penalties please? And get Bruno sent off with a red fir repeated diving?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For me, today ended any European aspirations (excluding being in the thing).

Absolutely not good enough against a terrible side. Far too slow
Seems a bit pessimistic considering we're only an inferior goal difference outside of a European place currently despite having had a string of injuries and a European group stage to contend with (successfully). Seeing as most of our youngsters can be expected to improve and we've got some key figures to come back, I'd say the season's in pretty good shape. Could be better but could be a lot, lot worse.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We were a little inaccurate that’s all. Panic over.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Our last 5 PL home games may well decide our season and they're all against those we're competing for Europe against.

City
Arsenal
Chelsea
Villa
Man U
Chelscum???? Really..no, really???? Are you having a f***** laugh?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Insane levels of bedwettery.

We’re literally in a European spot right now (most likely…) whilst experiencing the greatest injury crisis our club has ever known (most likely…)

Come on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here