Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2 points off a possible Champions League place

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Seems a bit pessimistic considering we're only an inferior goal difference outside of a European place currently despite having had a string of injuries and a European group stage to contend with (successfully). Seeing as most of our youngsters can be expected to improve and we've got some key figures to come back, I'd say the season's in pretty good shape. Could be better but could be a lot, lot worse.
We are currently 4 points off a European spot as only the top 5 places are guaranteed spots in Europe next season. The rest depends on who wins the League and FA cups and if the Premier League can finish in the top two on the UEFA co-efficient for the season to get an extra Champions League spot (we are currently 4th behind Germany, Spain and Italy).

We are still well on the mix though.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
No, it is all over. I might not bother watching another game this season. In fact, I think we should all cancel our season tickets and tear the stadium down whilst we are at it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We are currently 4 points off a European spot as only the top 5 places are guaranteed spots in Europe next season. The rest depends on who wins the League and FA cups and if the Premier League can finish in the top two on the UEFA co-efficient for the season to get an extra Champions League spot (we are currently 4th behind Germany, Spain and Italy).

We are still well on the mix though.

Sure. Very rare for the Cups not to offer up extra places though.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Sure. Very rare for the Cups not to offer up extra places though.
True. But it will happen one day and a cup will be won by a side outside the top 5.

Only Newcastle and Liverpool are left in the League Cup with a realistic chance of qualifying via their Premier League position.

Both have tough(ish) ties in QF. Newcastle visit Chelsea in a battle of two teams out of form. Liverpool are home to West Ham and you’d have them as heavy favourites but both teams could rest players and it wouldn’t be that surprising if the Hammers won.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Seems a bit pessimistic considering we're only an inferior goal difference outside of a European place currently despite having had a string of injuries and a European group stage to contend with (successfully). Seeing as most of our youngsters can be expected to improve and we've got some key figures to come back, I'd say the season's in pretty good shape. Could be better but could be a lot, lot worse.
We have had a kind run of fixtures in the league though, 9 at home 7 away, 6 of the home games against bottom-half sides including the bottom 3. It only gets harder from here and opportunities to pick up easy points not taken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here