Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 out of the 11 Wins.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Home form. Win 6 or 7 from the remaining 7 at home, we should get enough away to make the play-offs.

Whilst possible, that is a big ask on the home front, bearing in mind we have won 6 league games at home all season.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Forest could be a big game. I see the top five staying there. Boro are in free fall, Blackburn will suffer the cup jinx, it's Forest we need to stay in front of. With the new manager and no doubt a buzz around the place, I see them as our main threat for the 6th play off spot...Unless of course 1 of the current top five fall out, hopefully Palace, but I can't see it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Forest could be a big game. I see the top five staying there. Boro are in free fall, Blackburn will suffer the cup jinx, it's Forest we need to stay in front of. With the new manager and no doubt a buzz around the place, I see them as our main threat for the 6th play off spot...Unless of course 1 of the current top five fall out, hopefully Palace, but I can't see it.
After last night's defeat, I can see Leicester having a bit of a wobble too... Agree about Forest, there is just enough of a gap at the moment but can see it closing.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Leicester´s last three matches of the season

Palace (a)
Watford (h)
Forest (a)

pleased that not ours!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
i dont think we will need 9 now with Boro seeming to fall apart. Form looks ok for Brighton at the moment, should have hammered Blackburn and the wins over Hull and Cardiff give me much better hope than a few weeks back. Think 70 points will be enough for the Play offs. We need to maintain the positive approach at Home.

Can't see 70 doing it, more like 75. At least one of Leeds, Forest or Blackburn will push us all the way and Boro's bad run will have to end sometime. Think we need to put clear air between us and at least 2 of those over the next 5 games

Edit: Just looked at Boro's next set of games and form aside they should be winning 6 of the next 7 ... on paper as easy as it gets ... but the game isn't played on paper I s'pose

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Can't see 70 doing it, more like 75. At least one of Leeds, Forest or Blackburn will push us all the way and Boro's bad run will have to end sometime. Think we need to put clear air between us and at least 2 of those over the next 5 games

Edit: Just looked at Boro's next set of games and form aside they should be winning 6 of the next 7 ... on paper as easy as it gets ... but the game isn't played on paper I s'pose

Im not sure, you are suggesting that the teams below us get 30/31 points out of a possible 39 (42 in Leeds case) to get to 75. Wont happen in a million years as like us the teams below are too inconsistent, no one can or has managed to get a run of wins together all season and that wont change going forward. 70 will get us into the play offs I am sure of it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Im not sure, you are suggesting that the teams below us get 30/31 points out of a possible 39 (42 in Leeds case) to get to 75. Wont happen in a million years as like us the teams below are too inconsistent, no one can or has managed to get a run of wins together all season and that wont change going forward. 70 will get us into the play offs I am sure of it.

You're right but I guess a lot depends where the threat comes from. I've not ruled out Boro by a long way and if they return to form I think it will take 75 to beat them. If they continue in freefall and are out of the equation then I agree on 70 ... without wishing to bore again here's how I'm predicting

130221Footie_zps39d85755.png

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
You're right but I guess a lot depends where the threat comes from. I've not ruled out Boro by a long way and if they return to form I think it will take 75 to beat them. If they continue in freefall and are out of the equation then I agree on 70 ... without wishing to bore again here's how I'm predicting

130221Footie_zps39d85755.png

do you know your right, I had not allowed for Boro in my maths!! was thinking of the teams below!!! 75 might be the target

Now, we have 2 out of those 11 wins that Gus and others claimed we needed to reach the playoffs, with both of those coming from Hull and Cardiff, two teams we weren't expecting to get much from. This is however setback by the fact we couldn't kill of Blackburn last Tuesday.

But the question is: Can we get those remaining 9 wins?

Burnley (H)
Huddersfield (H)
Bristol City (A)

Bolton (A)
Barnsley (A)
Palace (H)
Forest (A)
Charlton (H)
Leicester (H)
Middlesbrough (A)
Peterborough (A)
Blackpool (H)

Leeds (A)
Wolves (H)

I've highlighted those I think we can/will win in bold.

If that scenario turns out to be true, there are two things to DREAD.

1. The euphoria that will be flying about, after we win six games on the trot;

2. The panic that will set in when we manage just one win in five.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

1. Automatic promotion

2. The Wolves game is a massive 6 pointer

Love it!!!!

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham

All part of supporting Brighton eh? It would be quite similar to the start of the season.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
of course. So if we don't do that, we won't make the play-offs. We need to show the kind of home form that Gritt and Slade produced in the 1997 and 2009 run-ins.

Agreed we need to be better at home. If we only win 4 or 5 at home, not all is necessarily lost. Our away form is great this season.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Agreed we need to be better at home. If we only win 4 or 5 at home, not all is necessarily lost. Our away form is great this season.

Indeed. We've only got 1 more point at home than we have away this season! (25 v 24). And we've scored 1 more goal away from home (but let in 6 more)

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Gus seems to have lost a win somewhere. As now he is saying we need 6 wins for the play offs.

If so, beat Barnsley tonight, and win our home games, and we are there!

Nottingham have a very tough run in, if they make the play offs they will be on fire.

Fortunately Leicester seem to be in free fall.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Gus seems to have lost a win somewhere. As now he is saying we need 6 wins for the play offs.

If so, beat Barnsley tonight, and win our home games, and we are there!

Nottingham have a very tough run in, if they make the play offs they will be on fire.

Fortunately Leicester seem to be in free fall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here