Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 hours left, for Suarez to respond to biting charge (by 9pm)

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
I downloaded a video of the occasions Suarez has used his nashers during a match. It's not a large download, only three bites.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It was shoulder to teeth, clearly.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Poor Luis Suarez, all he wants to do is be racist and bite people, and the English media just won't leave him in peace to do so!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jim'll paint it is on the case already

http://jimllpaintit.tumblr.com/

I never get tired of jimllpaintit:-

Dear Jim,

Could you please paint me a picture of Richard Madeley crying in an ASDA supermarket because he has lost Judy. A member of staff is comforting him and Prince is making an announcement over the Tannoy. Richard is wearing a Ben 10 T-shirt and holding a balloon. 

Cheers,

Alistair Wellman

tumblr_n15m0cHNuZ1s6ylubo1_1280.jpg

Took the words right out of my mouth.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I joked yesterday that it'd be made into England's fault. Amazingly it seems it's Sir Geoff Hurst's fault for scoring a debatable goal 48 years ago, 20 odd years before Suarez was born, and when they didn't have goal line tech.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It would be hilarious were it not for the fact that the Comical Ali defences of Suarez, Uruguay, their captain and his lawyer might actually win some favour with such a barmy organisation as Fifa.

So far we have had 'nothing happened', 'it's a European/Brazilian conspiracy','he nearly took my eye out', 'it was a casual bit of play', 'Chiellini is a baby', 'the British press always slates me when I bite peopl..err, not that I did on this occasion'. Strangley absent has been 'Yes I bit the b*stard, it was wrong, I'm really sorry, don't do this at home kids'.

All we need to hear now is 'the infidels will never take Baghdad' and I might start to believe him myself.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On paper, this appears about as clear cut a case as you could imagine.

However, the authorities looking into it are the disciplinary committee of what is recognised as one of the most corrupt organisations in the world, FIFA.

They will no doubt recognise that Suarez is box office, a global star and a hero to the thousands and thousands of Uruguayans who have travelled. The CONMEBOL authorities will be pressuring FIFA already and alluding to European, specifically English, conspiracies to tarnish poor Luis's previously unblemished reputation (ha!). Figueredo of Uruguay replaced the bribe-taking Nicolas Leoz of Paraguay on FIFA's ExCo a couple of years back, and is thought to be no less suspicious. The FIFA top brass are, as a rule, no fans of English football, thanks to the willingness of the British media to query what the hell is going on within the organisation. If Uruguay can successfully play the Nasty English Media card, he might get off lightly.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just read the article on the BBC website about the Uruguayan media backing Suarez on this. Their media seem to prioritise the success of the national football team over the truth, or negative headlines that will sell lots of papers. Comparing the reaction to the media storm in England in 98 over Beckham's tap is thought provoking. Would England do better if they had a media behind them no matter what?

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just read the article on the BBC website about the Uruguayan media backing Suarez on this. Their media seem to prioritise the success of the national football team over the truth, or negative headlines that will sell lots of papers. Comparing the reaction to the media storm in England in 98 over Beckham's tap is thought provoking. Would England do better if they had a media behind them no matter what?

My impression of the reaction from their team, media and fans is that the whole of Uruguay has a victim mentality. Reminiscent of the hard done by act that Poyet put on 2 years ago.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My impression of the reaction from their team, media and fans is that the whole of Uruguay has a victim mentality. Reminiscent of the hard done by act that Poyet put on 2 years ago.

I can't disagree but we've seen how successful 'victim mentality' has on team spirit and drive. SAF was a master at convincing his team everybody hates them (which may be true to an extent), it allowed him play a siege mentality game most of the time and it showed in Man Utd's results. The England team have to win over the press before they've even stepped on to the pitch. Uruguay's media seem to be their 12th man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here