Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 Days Left of the Window and Still no News.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
It is rubbish and don't forget our player of the season for the past 2 years has downed tools for the month

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
It does give the appearance of a lack of ambition this year. Maybe, privately, the club are more than happy to remain in the Championship. I'd like to think we did have more ambition than that.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
We don't need players.

Dunk is a good enough back up.

March, Ince, and CMS are like new signings.

You idiots demanding "big names" because other clubs do is nonsense. We have good young players coming through at long last, support this policy, or p1ss off and support chelsea.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
We don't need players.

You idiots demanding "big names" because other clubs do is nonsense. We have good young players coming through at long last, support this policy, or p1ss off and support chelsea.

Couldn't have put it better myself

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
We don't need players.

You are in a minority of about one. The manager and other players all say we need players, but you know best?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
We don't need players.

If the players can come out and say we need new signings then we need new signings.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not long to go and the back page of the Argus today does make pretty dismal reading. I had high hopes before the window opened but I'm expecting minimal movement by Friday now. Bridcutt out certainly but after that :shrug: Maybe we are going to use the loan window to try and strengthen. Either way I expect that we'll be having a full overhaul in the summer regardless of which division we are in.

If we fail to secure players by the time the window closes, I am sure the club will be braced to take a big hit in season ticket sales. We have a lot of fans who demand success and investment.

Not long to go before all is revealed, which will be a relief, whatever the outcome. I have hated this window so far.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We don't need players.

Well said. Yet another thread of NSC bedwetting. As someone else said, why should TB pick up the losses or send the club further into debt? Im more than happy to see the kids coming through and a more prudent transfer policy than other teams in the division.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
We don't need players.

We can't seem to sign any c**t.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hang on everyone. As long as we have a replacement for Crofts, possibly a winger and a central defender in place by Friday evening we'll be fine.

Still 36 hours to go

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
You are in a minority of about one. The manager and other players all say we need players, but you know best?

We do need new players, as the likes of Bruno and others well recognise. Let's not delude ourselves into thinking otherwise. If we haven't signed some decent quality players by Friday, the fact is that the club will have royally f*****d up.........some might say, again.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We do need new players, as the likes of Bruno and others well recognise. Let's not delude ourselves into thinking otherwise. If we haven't signed some decent quality players by Friday, the fact is that the club will have royally f*****d up.

Bit strong, if we can't get players within the restraints imposed so be it. Disappointing yes but a **** up? No, a **** up would be putting the club at risk spending money they haven't got. Are you really asking TB to keep funding us after all he has already put in?

I'll still be there next season regardless, I fear many others won't be if we start to slip into mid table mediocrity. It was never going to be a smooth and trouble free ride to the Premier League, even though it looked it for a couple of years.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Bit strong, if we can't get players within the restraints imposed so be it. Disappointing yes but a **** up? No, a **** up would be putting the club at risk spending money they haven't got. Are you really asking TB to keep funding us after all he has already put in?

I could have lived with the situation if we hadn't sold the players we have without securing replacements.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I could have lived with the situation if we hadn't sold the players we have without securing replacements.

We may yet replace Barnes and I am happy for Dunk to replace El Abd.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Anybody would think we had sold half the first team squad and not replaced them reading some of the rubbish posted on here.

Well said.
The squad we have is doing pretty well.
And things can only get better as players come back to physical and match fitness.

Plus, the loan window may be our busier period when it opens.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well said.
The squad we have is doing pretty well.

The squad we have has got one point out of three. And if we get more injuries then how will we cope?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We don't need players.

We do need players, only the right ones. CMS will be a welcome addition, but the squad is depleted.

I am totally against buying second rate players in, just to have 'more bodies', they should be better than we've already got. I really don't think the players that have come in post Poyet, were better than what we had (though I would exclude Ward from criticism, as he has done a good job, though not as good as Bridge). Agustein and Andrews are not good enough and are not always selelcted. Although Lopez should have been ok, based on last year, in the main he has been mediocre at best.

We need quality not quantity.

The transfer 'startegy' seems to be in panic mode, based on the players we are allegedly after, e.g. Stephens, Grabban, neither of whom are better than what have/had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here