Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st Test Match - Bangladesh v England

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My gut feeling is that England have done OK. Bangladesh will be looking to skittle out England in the first hour tomorrow, England will be looking to reach lunch still batting. With all 11 players having scored first class centuries this might happen, and Batty and Broad will relish the opportunity to help see England put another 100 runs on their overnight score.

Broad will be pleased to be up against a team without the ability to pepper him with hostile short pitched bowling. I'd expect him to come out swinging when he bats. It won't last long, but could be fun.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Morning everyone, 289-9, Woakes went first ball but Rashid did well. 300 will not be a bad score at all on this wicket.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Couple,of wickets for Ali before lunch removes the BD openers.

Eng 293
BD 29/2

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What an over from Ali, genuine spin off the pitch but quicker than Batty, I fancy Mooen will bag a Michelle here. He and Rashid could run through the home side, there's so much turn out there.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Batty strikes!

Tamim c Bairstow b Batty 78 (Ban 163-4)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Do they give these little tasters out with the expectation that they will get people to pay subscriptions for Sky Sports?

I guess that's the basic idea yeah. It was the same with ODI's. They had the first one on but not the next two.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I guess that's the basic idea yeah. It was the same with ODI's. They had the first one on but not the next two.

Yes I noticed that. They're showing a Premier League game soon. It's a Bournemouth fixture - caught a trailer the other day but didn't note the opposition.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
50-4 in our second innings having bowled Bangladesh out for 248. :down:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Textbook innings from Stokes so far, magnificent

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stokes goes for a superb 85 - surely a matching winning innings?

197-7

You would hope so, pitch is really getting worse by the ball for batsman

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I read that and I can't understand how they are allowed five reviews? How many reviews are you allowed in cricket?

Two unsuccessful ones. I've only just started tuning into this match so I'm guessing that he has been successful in his reviews. The commentators have said that Dharmasena is having a rotten match which is unusual for him- except when Moen Ali is batting (Lords 2014).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think a lead of 300 would be plenty. Ultimately I think we'll win because we bat so far down the order these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here