Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 1st Test: England vs New Zealand @ Lords

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What a difference from the doom and gloom 'England are useless and an embarrassment etc.' at the beginning of this thread!

Brilliant win, which should give plenty of confidence for the rest of the summer for a number or reasons, not least pulling it back from such a shit start.

It's not won yet. Remember Jimmy and Monty in Cardiff!!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Broad has got him!!! Caught at THIRD MAN!!!! :clap:

ENGLAND WIN by 124 runs, and lead 1-0 in the two match 'series' :clap:

What a fantastic Test Match this has been... 5 days of entertainment, ebb and flow, and high quality individual performances.

Ben Stokes... what a great all round performance from the young man - 92, 101 (the fastest century at Lords in a Test Match!) and 3-38 :clap2:

Stuart Broad 3-77 and 3-50

Joe Root 98 and 84

Moeen Ali 58, 43 and 3-94

Captain Alastair Cook leading from the front with 162.

A good debut from Mark Wood with the ball... 3-93 and 1-47 with some pace and variation.
And what a start to the summer :clap2:

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Caught at 3rd man! :lolol: what a catch by Ali.

Well, a truly stunning test match. England could have capitulated within the first morning, but have somehow risen from a point of desolation to looking like a 'team' once more. If Cook's form can also prove helpful to Lyth, and Ballance isn't facing the new ball, then I'm suddenly very optimistic for the rest of the summer. Spin still a concern, but Wood and Stokes bowled very well so our seam attack looks solid.

Best test match in a long time. Had everything. Phew.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here