Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 1st Test Eng v SA - Due to kick-off 11am at Lord's (weather allowing)

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was a bad toss to lose this, a couple of wickets straight after lunch would be great as looks like the weather is going to improve into the evening.

Could be a long shift in the field but I hope I'm wrong.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
At last... Elgar is unlucky... prods forward, off his pad, onto his arm and dribbles back on to his stumps... a wicket for Jimmy

85-1

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Have this on in the background whilst working. Strauss was talking about crowds etc and seems to live in a different world. Typical public schoolboy who doesn't seem to realise that international games are now a very expensive day out for most people.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
dd32e2ad78ee51b0e47532020b7cff01.jpg

I was at the Kensington Oval yesterday for the first West Indies v New Zealand ODI. What a fantastic place to watch cricket.

We were in the party stand, USD38 per person, which included 5 free alcoholic drinks.

Whilst it was great that the Windies won, there wasn’t much of an atmosphere because the ground was almost empty.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Leach getting some purchase... and a wicket.

45.1 Leach to Markram, OUT
Gottim first ball, wafting outside off! Tossed up and spinning away, Markram could easily have had a sighter and left alone but some reflexive urge to feel bat on ball kicked in and he tickled an edge through to Foakes. Illingworth's finger goes straight up, and England have a third

Aiden Markram c †Foakes b Leach 16 (27b 3x4 0x6) SR: 59.25

160-3

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Rassie van der Dussen.... trapped in front by Stokes... reviewing but looks a goner to me.

192-5, lead 27

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
2 for Stokes, no doubt as usual 9 /10 / Jack will make a stack of runs as we try to bounce them out, as opposed to bowling straight...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Broad strikes - his 100th wicket at Lord's :clap2:

62.2 Broad to Verreynne, OUT
There's the nick! Broad drags his length back, finds some nibble back into the bat, flicks the edge and Foakes does the needful! 100 Test wickets at Lord's for Broad, and now the game is truly afoot!

Kyle Verreynne c †Foakes b Broad 11 (21b 1x4 0x6) SR: 52.38

210-6, lead 45

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Broad strikes, 100th test wicket at Lord’s

Lead of 45 with 6 down, could be another close one this. Worrying for South Africa as they’ve not made the most of much better batting conditions than England had.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I'm going tomorrow. First Test match I've been to in several years - £110 to sit in the Lower Grand Stand !!!!! :eek:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Nice one. Have a great day. £110 - ouch.

Thank you - transport's a bit of an issue but I'm sure I can get there somehow.

Yes ouch indeed ( however, someone kindly purchased the ticket for me , so no ouch for me - but very expensive . I seemed to remember it being about £30-£40 quid but as I say it's been a while since I went).

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Nice one. Have a great day. £110 - ouch.

Looking at it logically, a game of football will set you back £45/50 for 90mins entertainment .6 hrs of cricket works out cheaper .

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Looking at it logically, a game of football will set you back £45/50 for 90mins entertainment .6 hrs of cricket works out cheaper .

You're right (although I pay about £30 a game at the Amex - season ticket) but with cricket you have no guarantee that 6 hours will be played in the day. I just felt it was a lot of money for a pretty ordinary seat between two mediocre sides. How many were there today ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here