Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 1st Test Eng v SA - Due to kick-off 11am at Lord's (weather allowing)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No doubt about that one. JB castled by Nortje for 0.

55-4 (16.3 overs)

Really poor shot - much worse than the one Crawley will no doubt be castigated for.

Conditions are so, so tough though - close to unplayable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What's happening at PP this summer ?

Sadly, we had to wrap up the club as it was - just two of us really prepared to do any work (and both living miles away), plus the constant trouble to field full sides. A whole lot of stress for at best half a dozen games.

The House are taking it on though, for their own family / Estate games, against their posh mates. Good luck to them - it saves me and Andy the guilt of feeling responsible for bringing cricket to an end there after 125 years. Word recently gets back to me, that after 20 years of showing no interest in putting money or effort in, or helping to recruit people - in the six months since we gave back the keys, they have installed a new boiler, connected the pavilion to mains drainage and after 125 years, run mains electricity across from the house! :rolleyes:

As for me, I'm playing league cricket locally, for a team Andy was already involved with, and really enjoying playing every Saturday, without the headaches all week. Was expecting to play 2s with the other middle-aged men and colts, but they stuck me straight into the 1s. 13 games down, and I'm the leading wicket taker, and also (less surprisingly) top for economy rate. :thumbsup:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Hundred up for England after 25.4 overs. 4 down.

Edit: 5 down. Stokes out last ball before lunch.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sadly, we had to wrap up the club as it was - just two of us really prepared to do any work (and both living miles away), plus the constant trouble to field full sides. A whole lot of stress for at best half a dozen games.

The House are taking it on though, for their own family / Estate games, against their posh mates. Good luck to them - it saves me and Andy the guilt of feeling responsible for bringing cricket to an end there after 125 years. Word recently gets back to me, that after 20 years of showing no interest in putting money or effort in, or helping to recruit people - in the six months since we gave back the keys, they have installed a new boiler, connected the pavilion to mains drainage and after 125 years, run mains electricity across from the house! :rolleyes:

As for me, I'm playing league cricket locally, for a team Andy was already involved with, and really enjoying playing every Saturday, without the headaches all week. Was expecting to play 2s with the other middle-aged men and colts, but they stuck me straight into the 1s. 13 games down, and I'm the leading wicket taker, and also (less surprisingly) top for economy rate. :thumbsup:

Sounds good........shame about Parham though, such a lovely place to play. They'll be renting it out for corporate matches soon :rolleyes: I haven't done anything more than a couple of 20 over beer matches with the Lewes FC Supporters Club....keep getting asked to play Saturdays but can't be arsed !

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Seems like they were going off for rain for about 5 minutes before they actually did go off for rain, there

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
32.6 Rabada to Pope, no run
Dropped at first slip! And Erwee had several goes at it... Searching line and Pope is drawn into prodding furtively, thick edge straight to Sarel Erwee at chest height. He missed the first one, but it popped up nicely, couldn't hold that and then had a third chance, which he only managed to flick over his head and into the turf. Oh dear!

Pope's a lucky boy - a life on 67 - can he cash in?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dropped at first slip! And Erwee had several goes at it... Searching line and Pope is drawn into prodding furtively, thick edge straight to Sarel Erwee at chest height. He missed the first one, but it popped up nicely, couldn't hold that and then had a third chance, which he only managed to flick over his head and into the turf. Oh dear!

Nope

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

No.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why do England continue to bat Broad before Leech?

Broad is entirely predictable. Swings the bat, but curls up when he's roughed up and ends up gifting his wicket. Leech is limited but bats like a test batsman and unlike Broad isn't a complete pussy in the face of pace bowling.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 165 all out (45 overs)

Only Ollie Pope with 73 made any significant contribution, six in single figures (with 2 ducks).

Kagiso Rabada 19 - 3 - 52 - 5 :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here