Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st League game at AMEX - an idea

godalming gull

Feb 28, 2007
Surrey
The thread the other day about the possibility of only 900 tickets being available on general sale for the first leaue game at the AMEX has got me thinking.

Is anyone aware of any club plans to beam the match to a big screen somewhere in the city?

Preston Park will be free (no Pride), Goldstone Retail Park car park might tie up some loose ends, Withdean might also be an option. My favoured option would be on the rugby pitches near the AMEX so fans can mix and mingle around outside the ground prior to the game, then off to the park to watch the game. Club could charge a bit of cash to cover their costs?

Probably has already been discussed to death and decisions made?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Has it occurred to you that this would not actually be legal ?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Brighton v Scunthorpe.

Hummm what a cracker that would be for Sky viewers.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
900 tickets on general sale got me thinking to. Surely if they need 1250 spare tickets for away fans on top of the 2500 for FA cup games, then the minimum general sales would be 1250 all the time?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
900 tickets on general sale got me thinking to. Surely if they need 1250 spare tickets for away fans on top of the 2500 for FA cup games, then the minimum general sales would be 1250 all the time?

I made that mistake in the other thread, for cup games the away team is entitled to 15% of capacity, which is 3375.
The South Stand holds 2400+ which leaves a short fall of approx 900.

Glad to see its not just me who needs to brush up on maths. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here