1st Ashes Test Australia v England - Brisbane

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Cook and The South African both owe us big scores as does Root and Prior..... will it happen ? I fear not. I think that throughout the team all the little "edges" we had in ability and all the psychological advantages have now evaporated. The Aussies know that they can compete with us and are doing so. Worryingly, I think this team has run it's course and now we are going to go on a spiral back down the international ladder.

A couple of years ago Anderson would rip through a top order and Swann only had to come on to get a wicket. The only bowler who really has come through in the last couple of years is Broad and he can't do it all on his own. the back up bowlers are variable at best.

As for the Batting, the team bats in fits and starts and not as a unit and can't seem to make 350+ batting first anymore.

Wicketkeeping ? Much as I have admired Matty, his batting is letting him down now and an alternative must be sought very soon if there is no improvement.

All in all a worrying picture, the only hope we have for this series is winning the toss on favourable wickets and getting the advantage of any weather conditions when they come along and hanging on when time is lost to rain.

Trott never learns and Root hasn't convinced me yet. Not ready to panic just yet....... 4 more tests to come.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
The Gabba holds 40,000. The official attendance at the Gabba today is only 11,873!

Given Australia is in a winning position and its a Sunday when most will not be working, that is pathetic.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wow, 47/0 in that first hour. It's still a massive lead though.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm sitting at The Gabba catching up with NSC on my iPad. There are clearly more English than Aussies here. They're a bit quiet at the moment, probably due to hangovers. It's also the hottest and stickiest day so far.
Sh1t, KP goes!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
KP. Strauss called that on Sky moments before it happened. Pretty ordinary 100th test, that.

D

Deleted member 18477

The Gabba holds 40,000. The official attendance at the Gabba today is only 11,873!

Given Australia is in a winning position and its a Sunday when most will not be working, that is pathetic.

I thought the aussies love cricket? Or do people in brisbane not?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well done Prior. You were never ready to start this test.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whilst England have been toilet this match, the attitude of the Australians has been pathetic. First of all Warner's comments about Trott, now Michael Clarke telling Anderson to "get ready for a broken hand" because a run out was turned down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports