Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st Ashes Test Australia v England - Brisbane

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
What the hell was Trott trying to do!
With 2 days to go, 2 runs an over is all that is needed to win the game.

Trott has got into a bit of a fluster about short leg-side balls. He seemed to want to hit himself out of it.

2-an-over? You think the Aussies will bowl 220 overs in 2 days?!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What the hell was Trott trying to do!
With 2 days to go, 2 runs an over is all that is needed to win the game.

He's mentally all over the place, they've spotted a weakness and he's got no answer. He's tried caution, stepping across and all out attack but he's getting out to the fast ball down leg side every time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
24/2 at stumps, a very long probable day ahead for us as I can't see this being a 5 day game.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So we're going to lose...also I can't possibly see how Trott can play the next test. Worrying times.

:(

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Aussies are gash, they haven't improved since the summer, anything less than a series win by a couple of tests will be poor from us.

Are you ever right?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
So we're going to lose...also I can't possibly see how Trott can play the next test. Worrying times.

:(
Worrying indeed - I was quite looking forward to a good tight Ashes competition, dreading it now.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Bob hope & no hope spring to mind. The two wickets lost in the evening session meant any minute chance we had is gone, even if Cook & Pietersen get a century each we'll still need 300 odd :lolol: I don't particularly trust anyone else with the bat to stand up to them

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cook and The South African both owe us big scores as does Root and Prior..... will it happen ? I fear not. I think that throughout the team all the little "edges" we had in ability and all the psychological advantages have now evaporated. The Aussies know that they can compete with us and are doing so. Worryingly, I think this team has run it's course and now we are going to go on a spiral back down the international ladder.

A couple of years ago Anderson would rip through a top order and Swann only had to come on to get a wicket. The only bowler who really has come through in the last couple of years is Broad and he can't do it all on his own. the back up bowlers are variable at best.

As for the Batting, the team bats in fits and starts and not as a unit and can't seem to make 350+ batting first anymore.

Wicketkeeping ? Much as I have admired Matty, his batting is letting him down now and an alternative must be sought very soon if there is no improvement.

All in all a worrying picture, the only hope we have for this series is winning the toss on favourable wickets and getting the advantage of any weather conditions when they come along and hanging on when time is lost to rain.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone bothering? Might give it until lunch, and if we've not lost another wicket by then, might give it until tea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here