Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1983 happening again?

crabtree seagull

Nov 7, 2007
Liverpool away 5th round

Can we have Norwich in the quarters, Sheffield wed in the semis and man utd in the final. Oh sorry they're out!

D

Deleted member 22389

Liverpool away 5th round

Can we have Norwich in the quarters, Sheffield wed in the semis and man utd in the final. Oh sorry they're out!

All very spooky this. That's the first thing I thought about. Could it happen again, could this be another 1983 on the cards? Could you imagine it.
I was only 9 years old when my dad took me to Wembley that day.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yeah I noticed this as well. Just a shame we wont be able to get revenge on the scum in the final !!

Palace were knocked out in the last round

crabtree seagull

Nov 7, 2007
All very spooky this. That's the first thing I thought about. Could it happen again, could this be another 1983 on the cards? Could you imagine it.
I was only 9 years old when my dad took me to Wembley that day.

I was also 9 too. What a fantastic day. Wasn't allowed to go to replay as it was a school night. Was gutted about result but remember more about watching the young ones after the final on tv than the game itself. Wiped from memory at a young age!

D

Deleted member 22389

I was also 9 too. What a fantastic day. Wasn't allowed to go to replay as it was a school night. Was gutted about result but remember more about watching the young ones after the final on tv than the game itself. Wiped from memory at a young age!

I have got a good feeling about this match. I don't know why. The never say die attitude of the 83 team is here in the 2012 team.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Ah, the famous 3-1 win over Wrexham that started our run to the cup final in 1983. Remember it well.

Ah yes. Great day at the Goldstone. Mickey Thomas turned up for us in the first half. Was transferred at half-time. Then played the second half for Wrexham.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
It's not identical but what people are just trying to say is that there are similarities with 83 cup run playing Liverpool in the 5th round again and knocking out Newcastle , Norwich in quarter final ( maybe )

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I'll be spooked if we did get Norwich next then sheff wed in semis I'd shit me pants of excitement if we got the final , have to play arsenal this time the beaten semi finalists in 83 by man utd now that would be spooky

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'll be spooked if we did get Norwich next then sheff wed in semis I'd shit me pants of excitement if we got the final , have to play arsenal this time the beaten semi finalists in 83 by man utd now that would be spooky

I can hear it now... 'And Mackail-Smith Must Score...!'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here