Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] 1970's ornaments.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Glorious memories of Isle of Wight holidays with that tube of coloured sand. Alum Bay and the chair lift :)

We went to Alum Bay a few years ago while on holiday on the Ise of Wight. You can still fill various shapes with coloured sand. More remarkably the chair lift is still running, it was a death trap when I went as a kid in the late 70's early 80's, how its still running is beyond me.

Not sure a useful clock can be described as an 'ornament' really. Those clocks in cases are some of the best timekeepers going, and you only have to wind them up once a year or so.

I have one myself! (and a pussy-cat whimsy somewhere...)

Not really an ornament but then neither is the doll bog roll cover, both are perfect for this thread though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:rolleyes:

Come on Harry you can do better than that.
It looks so out of place on this thread.

Why were we so fascinated with everything in miniature

View attachment 124533

The only ornaments my parents had in the house were stuff from my grand dad's pub on Tooley Street from the 1920s and 30s, and my own tat, the lava lamp being one of them.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
One of these bad boys in red, oops, sorry it's a bit bigger than I thought. (wishful thinking):lolol:
I class it as an ornament as it only got used at Christmas, the rest of the year it sat on my dads homemade cocktail bar giving out cool vibes (or so my Mum & Dad thought).

globemasterA.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only ornaments my parents had in the house were stuff from my grand dad's pub on Tooley Street from the 1920s and 30s, and my own tat, the lava lamp being one of them.

Oooohhhh la de da - we have someone too posh for this thread. :lol: :kiss:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone owning up to a bar in the living room?

onlyfoolsandhorses0810q.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Oh my god I am laughing so hard right now.

I thought we got off lightly through the 70's, then another imagine pops up and a whole other layer of Dante's circle of hell is laid bare.

Why the fook did we have one of those?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Oh my god I am laughing so hard right now.

I thought we got off lightly through the 70's, then another imagine pops up and a whole other layer of Dante's circle of hell is laid bare.

Why the fook did we have one of those?

This is a great thread Stat :lolol:
Some homes I work in have many old style ornaments, I saw you mentioned the horse brass. I went to a job last week and there was loads of these decorating the walls.

70s ornaments are alive and well in the Newhaven, Peacehaven and Seaford area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here