Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1970 FA Cup Final

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Anyone know/remember anything about the FA Cup final betwen Chelsea and Leeds.

Or any websites related to it?

Help would be largely appreciated!!

Cheers!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Bobby's Gull said:
Anyone know/remember anything about the FA Cup final betwen Chelsea and Leeds.

Or any websites related to it?

Help would be largely appreciated!!

Cheers!
Ask Yorkie........

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
First Cup final I ever saw. Leeds and Chelsea spent over three hours kicking lumps out of each other. Great football to watch when you were a kid.

Chelsea won it after Ron "Chopper" Harris (so named because he had a large penis) booted Eddie Gray early doors in the replay, after Gray had run rings around him in the first game.

It has an 18 Certificate as it is so scary.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
That'd be good apart from it's research needed for work to be handed in by 9am tomorrow. Thanks though anyway!

Can someone explain to me why the 1970 FA Cup final replay between Chelsea and Leeds was held at Old Trafford and not Wembley? asked Dan Terry last year.

You can blame dobbin for this one. Wembley never went as far as becoming a pure grazing field but - perhaps inspired by the mythical (and tedious) white horse of the 1923 FA Cup final - it was a popular host of show jumping and dressage.

Even My Little Pony would struggle not to tear up a wet football pitch, and the Wembley outfield reflected this during the 1970 final. The ground was heavily sanded and had a hugely irregular bounce. After the 2-2 draw at Wembley it was felt that the pitch would be unable to take another match so soon after, so the replay - which Chelsea won 2-1 - was played at Old Trafford. The outcry over this led to a complete equine ban at Wembley, which remained firmly in place until 1987 with Arsenal's Littlewoods Cup victory and Tony Adams' first Wembley appearance.

The 1970 FA Cup final replay at Old Trafford against Chelsea was crictised as being X-rated because of the brutal challenges on display: Peter Bonetti was virtually knocked out by a late charge from Mick Jones.

Under the guidance of Don Revie, Leeds were regarded a 'physical playing side' and players such as Norman 'Bite your legs' Hunter, Johnny Giles, Jack Charlton and Billy Bremner added some steel to the team.

In an era of hardmen, Leeds possessed some of the hardest but ultimately as time went on their indiscipline was giving them a bad reputation.

Leeds received the tag of 'nearly men' in the 1970s after losing in the 1970 FA Cup, 1975 European Cup Final and finishing runners-up in the league on five occasions under Revie.

7004cupjackgoal.jpg

Jack Charlton opens the scoring in the 1970 FA Cup final against Chelsea

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Re: Re: Re: 1970 FA Cup Final

Bobby's Gull said:
Do you not think she'll get offended that I think she's that old?!
I think she was there.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Re: 1970 FA Cup Final

bakesy said:
I think she was there.

I wasn't there but watched it on tv at my Dad's place in Henfield.
I do remember it well because my first husband is a Leeds supporter.

Yes, I am that old :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here