1901 shoe/trainer issue finally resolved.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The wife, aware of the need to be correctly shod in certain parts of the ground, left this out for me this morning. There really is no excuse now. She has also highlighted those which she deems suitable.

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 433

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Anyone who wears those red things should be shot

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Very thoughtful of her :thumbsup:

Not entirley sure, though, that red suede loafers are 'okay' for anywhere...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are those photos from a Saga over 50s magazine? :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sensible shoes. :)

On another page there is a pair of Prada rhinestone golfing shoes. You'd certainly turn heads if you rocked up in the louge with these on your plates.

And 'Converse are the new sports car for men of a certain age.' I've just bought a new pair of red All Stars. Booo.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tom Ford crocodile lace ups?

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
Why the hell have you signed up for something that requires that you have to buy a special pair of shoes in order to go and watch a football match. My dad would turn in his grave.
Get a grip mate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why the hell have you signed up for something that requires that you have to buy a special pair of shoes in order to go and watch a football match. My dad would turn in his grave.
Get a grip mate.

It's not my issue. I noted that other supporters were struggling when it came to reconciling their footwear with the 1901 Club. I have offered a helping hand. Are you telling me I should abandon fellow supporters in their hour of need? I cannot simply look the other way when one of my brothers is fallen.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Did your Dad really own no shoes other than trainers then?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
And 'Converse are the new sports car for men of a certain age.' I've just bought a new pair of red All Stars. Booo.

How old, because I have recently decided that a pair of green Cons would be just perfect!

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
It's not my issue. I noted that other supporters were struggling when it came to reconciling their footwear with the 1901 Club. I have offered a helping hand. Are you telling me I should abandon fellow supporters in their hour of need? I cannot simply look the other way when one of my brothers is fallen.

Point taken mate. Perhaps someone should organise a bit of direct action in the 1901 lounge. A few members turning up in clown shoes or something.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, but he was from the generation that went to matches after working on Saturday mornings. There wasn't time to go home and change into calf skin loafers.

Out of interest, what was the huge commute he had to do on Saturday morning then?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports