1901 members getting West Ham tickets first?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We all started out with 1050 points and those who were season ticket holders at Withdean got the additional 250 points.

Cheers, so that clears that up although it does seem 1901 people get a different option for West Ham away and can purchase now as well

EDIT: system can't be fooled as well, tried to buy tickets as a 1901 member

Last edited:

Highamgull

Feb 26, 2009
Cheers, so that clears that up although it does seem 1901 people get a different option for West Ham away and can purchase now as well
It has happened once before that I know of - Liverpool in the cup but I understand that Crippled Alice tickets may have been available this way. I am an ordinary supporter and decided to treat myself to a bit of luxury for a change. I think that you would be surprised how many fans like me are in the 1901 Club. I have not had a meal in there and I do not intend to.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It has happened once before that I know of - Liverpool in the cup but I understand that Crippled Alice tickets may have been available this way. I am an ordinary supporter and decided to treat myself to a bit of luxury for a change. I think that you would be surprised how many fans like me are in the 1901 Club. I have not had a meal in there and I do not intend to.

So can you literally turn up then decide you want to eat or do you have to pre-book a meal ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not exactly sure what was agreed as there was a statement saying they had priority however I think they were awarded an extra 200 points at the start of the season. So I suppose if you were a STH at Withdean potentially you could have started off with 1450 points ?

Hope its not like the bad old days. Hope you have enough West Ham tickets for all known family, neighbours and family pets. :lol:

Mar 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
1901's got 1030 points to start.

Liverpool is the only game before this that went on sale from the outset.

Got 4 tickets and have eaten almost every game, including a couple of complimentary ones due to problems with catering operation!!

My tickets are in my name and not paid for by my company, simply used to have a day out at the footie. Also been to 14 aways.

Love my seats, parking space and the whole AMEX thing! I've found that the vast majority in my lounge are like minded fans and not stuffed shirts.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It would be interesting to know how many 1901 members are actual fans as opposed to membership by companies that use this corporate entertaining

I get to go through my boss buying seats, but i'd like to think that myself and the people i take (i'm the one that uses it the most) are genuine fans. It pisses me off no end to see the clock turn to 40mins and the other corporate twats around me pissing off early to the bar. I don't see myself as any different to any other fan in the ground...just i get a free programme (yay?) and can't wear my shirt (boo).

For what you 'get' with the 1901 club, it's a bit disappointing.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I think (?) I can answer that. A few above zilch corperate would be my hunch based on my experience today.

I experienced the 1901 Club for the first time today in the East Stand. I wore a smart pair of jeans plus a casual shirt (tucked in for a change) & shoes. Based on many others in there, I felt overdressed. From what I saw today, there appeared to be very few corperate looking types in there. Maybe all the suits were having a mufti day today? Who knows?

As for the whole experience? I'm so glad I never even considered joining. A free programme & cuppa at half time, a pleasant enough run of the mill bar plus restuarant with overpriced food is not worth the high sum for membership in my opinion. (Over a grand I believe?) Give me the North Stand any day.

As for the East Stand itself? It felt like a library to me. I thought I was sitting in Madam Tussuad's! Everyone around us was motionless & expressionless. The silence only being broken when somebody had a moan about Barnes or Brezevan. Giving any vocal encouragement seemed to almost invite stares of disapproval.

Its up to supporters how they spend their money at the club. Their choice. Had I spent all that dosh on membership, I would have felt knocked. Roll on next Tuesday & my regular seat.
I can see your point,but not all 1901 club members are corporate. I have followed Albion since 1958...yes I was 19 at my first match only because my Dad was not a football fan and I was posted abroad to the Suez canal farce in 1956...but there are a lot of corporate (followers?) there,Vicente got crowded off a ball and this 'corporate fan next to me shouted out"You lost it you f***|ing Donkey"....groan!!. However,yes it did cost me a grand plus vat for my seat for life but I do get to park at the Amex and I do get free cup games,be they league or FA cup games and first choice for away games. Done my share of the Goldstone,Priestfield,Withdean...now so old ,need my comfort,but love to see the Northstand in full voice..where you tread now I once trod....Jeez 3/4 of a bottle of Vodka and suddenly I'm a classical writer. We may be divided by political persausion or life in general,but the thing we all have in common is our love for the Albion.

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
A few of the 1901 club paid for hospitality at the Withdean which was nothing special, if they were happy to put money into the club at that time then good luck to them they should get a West Ham ticket. :moo:

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
I am 1901 but we still have to buy away tickets to get more loyalty points. Many around me r clearly guests of Corporate so unlikely 2 buy away tickets and get additional points.

4 the record I cannot go 2 WHU as I have a wedding 2 go 2 so perhaps that is 1 more tkt available 2 those who feel they r inferior as they sit or stand in the North!

Oh by the way, when the Palarse tkts went on sale I could not get the 1st lot as I did not have enough pts.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
Young Seagulls got 50 points

Your point being ?

My post said and YOU quoted " I thought all they got was 50 EXTRA loyalty points "

I stand corrected it was 30 EXTRA

You are correct in thinking young seagulls got 50 points tho !

Last edited:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
yep,did the same for palace,have a reserved amount for 1901 ers even if they havent got the ponits ,so im told

Mulderbauer

Feb 23, 2009
Jeez what is it with the anti 1901 club...it's fantastic revenue for the club and any 'non' fans are more than welcome along with their guests.... 'Non' fans could well turn into genuine fans and so on...The fan base gets bigger along with the coffers pot!

Whatever the ticket office decides it's never going to please anyone but they listen and try their best to get it right.

Up the albion

huge

Mar 23, 2011
30 points. And whilst I am a) the friend he had breakfast with and b) a 1901 club member, I think it's wrong. I've got enough points because I go to all the away games and that should be what counts. Having said that I think everyone who wants one will get one.

So what's the point of this whole thread then?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

This applies to my family as well. I have 3 tickets in 1901, a lot of the people around me are genuine supporters not JCLs or corporate. I have eaten once and it was overpriced and very average. We're happy with a pie and drink in the lounge before games, plus the parking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports