Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 dress code

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
It's hard to take the dress code seriously when the scruffy bugger at the door of our lounge looks like he's got a pair of mating pheasants on his head which change position each week. He stopped my Dad once at the infamous Palace 1-3 as his shoes weren't suitable - and they were shoes. Since then I've seen trainers, t-shirts and even people with replica tops which, would you believe it, were told to wear them inside out in the lounge! As someone said, they have slacked a bit in this respect.

And I was worried that they may not let me in, in a pair of converse trainers

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Black tie for the 'Gents' and taffeta for the 'Ladies. No scarves or replica shirts allowed, especially if purchased from the Club shop.
If you wish to wear hats, Tribys are permitted but only if worn at the correct jaunty angle. Fascinators are a must for women accompanying their husbands. Girlfriends/'partners' are strictly verboten.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Think you'll find it's Morning suits for men, and long dresses for ladies. Advisable to conceal your stash of Charlie somewhere other than your handbag. Nudge nudged, wink wink.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Think you'll find it's Morning suits for men, and long dresses for ladies. Advisable to conceal your stash of Charlie somewhere other than your handbag. Nudge nudged, wink wink.

Thank God my girlfriend moved on to Annick Goutal and Jo Malone then, I think.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
McQueen

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oh come on. Everyone knows it's sports casual.

o-ALAN-PARTRIDGE-570.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here