Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Is he though, anyone can cut costs through head count reduction, I fired 12 in a morning in the City once....far more difficult is to increase revenue, and as appears with 1901 food appointing a national operation, as previously, has also failed. The rush to extend the Football League TV contract with Sky way out to 2018 without a patient auction, with the very deep pockets of BT and now Vodafone on the prowl, looks a very, very poor call

Boasting about how you got rid of twelve people once. Lets hope you sleep well at night. I despair of people like you coming out with stuff like that on a forum. What a proud man you must be. God help us.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't be surprised if there are different price rises depending on location in 1901, with any areas they want to make more corporate having the largest increases. Perhaps though this will depend on which league we are in.

Also, maybe they'll have a shorter period than 5 years before the prices are assessed again after the rise in 2.5 years time.

I think you will be right.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
please can you substantiate this with some figures (including VAT) with say 2 home FA Cup matches and 1 friendly? To help I think car parking value is about 50% of £270.

Ok already this year above the league matches we have had Villa Real, Norwich and Newport (oh dear) in the cup. So that's three extra matches already, the Bridge car park for example is £10? a game so that's around £260 already. The costs are as follows\;

1901 Ticket £1200
Matches 27 is £ 44.44 per match
Car Parking is £ 10.00 per match
Programme is £ 3.00 per match
Coffee is £ 3.50 per match

Therefore cost of seat is £27.94, I trust my thinking is correct, I believe that this represents great value.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That makes a 1901 only a few quid more than a normal seat and with a premium view, have a go at the maths, you may well be surprised.

I have done the maths many times. It's more than a few quid. Have you factored in the fact 1901 pay all-year ie 12 payments as opposed to the 10 which regular season ticket holders make? Have you added the £500/£1000 membership fee? Have you considered that there is a 5 year commitment? It's a good deal granted. But to suggest the items you listed were free, or "a few quid" is incorrect.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ok already this year above the league matches we have had Villa Real, Norwich and Newport (oh dear) in the cup. So that's three extra matches already, the Bridge car park for example is £10? a game so that's around £260 already. The costs are as follows\;

1901 Ticket £1200

Therefore cost of seat is £27.94, I trust my thinking is correct, I believe that this represents great value.

See above (post 68) plus you need to add VAT to the £1200 which is presume is the "£99" deal (12X99 equals approx 1200)

Last edited:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I have done the maths many times. It's more than a few quid. Have you factored in the fact 1901 pay all-year ie 12 payments as opposed to the 10 which regular season ticket holders make? Have you added the £500/£1000 membership fee? Have you considered that there is a 5 year commitment? It's a good deal granted. But to suggest the items you listed were free, or "a few quid" is incorrect.

Well, its a different view of how the money leaves our respective accounts. I'm not totally sure on the price of a season ticket, I only know they went up last season, as for a five year or lifetime commitment isn't that what the club wants of its supporters, you mentioned loyalty in an earlier post, surely this engenders it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

1901 Ticket £1200

And you need two tickets to get free parking so make it £5 a game. Your sums are some way off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes???? Not sure what your trying to say.

I'm not sure where you got your 1200 a season from? So let's use the platinum ticket which is £99 a month excluding VAT. This is 99 x 12 months x 1.2 VAT. This is £1425. You then need to add at least a £100 per year to this for the membership fee. We are now over £1500.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not sure where you got your 1200 a season from? So let's use the platinum ticket which is £99 a month excluding VAT. This is 99 x 12 months x 1.2 VAT. This is £1425. You then need to add at least a £100 per year to this for the membership fee. We are now over £1500.

I used the platinum price in my example but platinum plus is £125 for 12 months excluding VAT and gold is £79 (I think).

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
hang on (posted before seeing more recent posts)

a good adult ST costs about £530 regardless of the payment frequency. 23 games = £23 per match. Optional extras, £5 parking (shared between 2) + £3.50 programme + £2.50 for coffee} = £34

1901 is £1200 for 27 matches (if 4 extras) = £44.44 per match (excluding the membership commitment mentioned by HT above), so you're paying £21 for all the trimmings, incl £10 per match to keep warm at HT!!

I think both are good value and cater for different needs. What will be interesting is what happens to 1901 prices after 5 years.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So whats the price of a season ticket?

I'm knackered so I'm off to bed. I agree with you that's it a good deal but it's a bit more than you suggested. Anyway, have a good evening.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

a good adult ST costs about £530 regardless of the payment frequency. 23 games = £23 per match. Optional extras, £5 parking (shared between 2) + £3.50 programme + £2.50 for coffee} = £34

1901 is £1200 for 27 matches (if 4 extras) = £44.44 per match (excluding the membership commitment mentioned by HT above), so you're paying £21 for all the trimmings, incl £10 per match to keep warm at HT!!

I think both are good value and cater for different needs. What will be interesting is what happens to 1901 prices after 5 years.

Totally agree.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

If I've missed the VAT from the 1901 cost we need to add another £9 = £53 per match (ie £30 for the extras)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here