Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club priority for away/cup games

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010
Hello. I'm still mulling over whether to join the 1901 Club. Apparently 1901-ers get priority for all away and cup games.

I'm worried that if I do not join the 1901 club, given there will be approx 2600 members ahead of me, I might be locked out of plum away fixtures and cup ties. Was this a consideration for other members? Is this a likely scenario?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Priority will be for the high profile games

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was under the impression that 1901 club members got top priority for ALL away and cup games as a privilege.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Well these guys do keep the club going, after all...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've joined but that was a low consideration tbh.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well these guys do keep the club going, after all...

Disagree Woz (if that was a serious comment) - some have yes. I for one was fuming on my 1901 presentation when it was said that the 'ruffian fans' would be in the North Stand and they will be 'happy with a few beers and pies catering wise' when compared to the corporate catering. Those 'ruffians' are the ones who kept this club running throught the gloomy years.

I didn't recognise any faces on the tour and it seemed to be business people who weren't current fans.

Pork Knuckle Pete

at the meat party
Nov 1, 2010
I didn't recognise any faces on the tour.

Maybe these folk are like me? I'm a new fan who wants to be part of this new Albion adventure. I say new, I did go to the Spurs, West Ham and Villa cup games but you get my drift. If the club want to fill 22500 seats they need to attract new faces like me....which they seem to be doing.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Maybe these folk are like me? I'm a new fan who wants to be part of this new Albion adventure. I say new, I did go to the Spurs, West Ham and Villa cup games but you get my drift. If the club want to fill 22500 seats they need to attract new faces like me....which they seem to be doing.

As they should. :)

I'd say, if your budget will allow then go for it. Fixed price for 5yrs too.

Decent seat position, and you are not fighting for a seat when the stadium is opened up to all comers. (Assuming you are not a Withdean STH)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

:lolol: the 3 cup games gave it away :fishing:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Priority will be for the high profile games
It's not inconceivable that the Albion could draw Scunthorpe United (away) in a fifth or sixth round FA Cup match. Presumably this would be a "high profile game".

With a capacity of 9,088, Scunny would offer us about 1,350 tickets. The Club's current promise to 1901 Club members seems to be saying that anyone who has not shelled out cash at this stage won't stand a chance of getting a ticket.

Is that right?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
It's not inconceivable that the Albion could draw Scunthorpe United (away) in a fifth or sixth round FA Cup match. Presumably this would be a "high profile game".

With a capacity of 9,088, Scunny would offer us about 1,350 tickets. The Club's current promise to 1901 Club members seems to be saying that anyone who has not shelled out cash at this stage won't stand a chance of getting a ticket.

Is that right?

Money buys privilege shock.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Is that right?

I'd suggest that there would be zero chance of the 2000 Platinum members snapping up all the away tickets for a game like that :p

Hello. I'm still mulling over whether to join the 1901 Club. Apparently 1901-ers get priority for all away and cup games.

I'm worried that if I do not join the 1901 club, given there will be approx 2600 members ahead of me, I might be locked out of plum away fixtures and cup ties. Was this a consideration for other members? Is this a likely scenario?

you are just an ordainary fan now!:p get over it:(

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

Is that right?

Factually, yes, I guess that is just about the long and short of it, but as has been said elsewhere on this thread, it is never going to happen, 1350 PLatinum club members are not going to be desparate for a trip to Scunthorpe.

It might be worth your while making friends with a 1901 club member though, if they aren't going, then you could always get them to get their ticket and pass it on to you.

Factually, yes, I guess that is just about the long and short of it, but as has been said elsewhere on this thread, it is never going to happen, 1350 PLatinum club members are not going to be desparate for a trip to Scunthorpe.

It might be worth your while making friends with a 1901 club member though, if they aren't going, then you could always get them to get their ticket and pass it on to you.

big cup game and we only get 3,000 tickets:ohmy: how many of us ORDAINARY fans stand a chance of tickets:p

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
ORDAINED fans will be able to apply to God for tickets, surely? :angel:

But in answer to your question, about 500 at this rate :p

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
We need to set up an AFC Brighton and Hove Albion for the regular fans who dont want the prawn sarnie brigade!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here