Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 19 points

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Except, of course, that in this instance you're entirely wrong. The club had no plans to sack the clueless one and it was almost exclusively the reaction of the fans at the Milwall game that drove him to decide to resign. So, we the fans saved our Championship status.

Don't forget the Wolves banner boys!

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
It wouldn't surprise me if I was one of them, and nothing's changed. When doing badly, we need to get behind the team and let the board sort out the managerial problems.

I'm convinced that it was due to the negative 'Semi Out' atmosphere at the Millwall game which was the final nail in his albion managerial coffin.

Had we not done that, I believe he would have stayed and we would be playing League 1 football right now.

EDIT - See [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] 's post, we are clearly in agreement

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Except, of course, that in this instance you're entirely wrong. The club had no plans to sack the clueless one and it was almost exclusively the reaction of the fans at the Milwall game that drove him to decide to resign. So, we the fans saved our Championship status.
We'll never know how long it would have been before he resigned had the fans not abused him, or how long it would have taken the club to sack him, or how we'd have played if the fans had supported the team more, and whether we'd have survived. The only time I don't support a manager or player is when they're not trying. I don't think it's a bad method. If everyone was like that, the players would probably play with less nerves.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
For me, it was definitely the Wolves banner that did it.

We actually played pretty well at Wolves and it were only undone by an last minute equaliser...Everyone was a bit down so out came the banner. The players and Sami came over to acknowledge us in the away end so must have seen it...I can only assume it had an effect on him to see the banner despite playing well. So, he fell on his sword which was the best outcome for all concerned.

It would be interesting to know if the banner still would have made an appearance if had held on and won the game...I am guessing those responsible will always say they would have still displayed it come what may.

Anyway, I am sure it hugely contributed to him jacking it in and that, along with the managerial appointment and revamped scouting set-up has put us in the position we are currently in...Not that we have achieved anything, yet...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here