18,000 season ticket & 1901 seats now sold. Only 400 remain!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
You wonder what the take-up would have been like if, say, Wilkins was still manager and we were mid-table League 1.

I think in the space of 18 months Poyet has taken this club forward the equivalent of 5 years of development in terms of the squad AND building the fanbase back.

we can only speculate but I agree with you.

I think the amex would still have been a big draw, but if we were still a league 1 team with a manager like wilkins or slade, I'd go for an avearge attendance of around 15,000 for the first season. As it is, looks like full houses every game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It will be very interesting to see how many STH actually renew the season after next, the initial interest was always going to be massive for reasons I need not explain!! but once the first season is out the way and reality sets in, it will be interesting.

Thoughts??
As already said, the league we'll be playing in and our managers presence/profile did make this an absolute certainty.
It certainly strengths Gus' hand, still further, in dealings with TB.
There's no way TB will let this momentum slip making for a cracking season next year, and who knows even a season ticket waiting list.
I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but when the casual fan comes this season, likes it wants more, the only way to guarantee it will be a 12/13 ST.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
As a so called JCL I have to admit I wouldn'thave bought a season ticket if it wasn't for the direct debit scheme. To be able to watch good football for £33 a month is good value & who ever decided on that offer deserves a big bonus. I personnally think I will renew every season as it will be easy just to let the direct debit keep running & I should imagine the majority of us JCL's will do the same. However if I get any attitude about JCL's in the ground I'll probably end up banned anyway!

Albion Rob

It's them poker eyes.

Even if STHs did drop off, many of those seats would be filled by pay on the dayers (or whatever the equivalent will be). We shouldn't underestimate just how much Withdean has put oiff the casual punter and the blokes with kids who just want to make a decision a day or two before the game.

I'm not saying we'll sell out every week for years but we should end up with healthy crowds for the next decade and by then we'll have hopefully rebuilt the young fanbase that Withdean cost us.

D

Deleted member 2719

You wonder what the take-up would have been like if, say, Wilkins was still manager and we were mid-table League 1.

I think in the space of 18 months Poyet has taken this club forward the equivalent of 5 years of development in terms of the squad AND building the fanbase back.

How can you suggest if we were mid table with Wilkins he started to take the club forward again until DK had a mad moment.

There is no doubt that Poyet has also taken the club forward again but it is a job to judge them side by side as managers as Bloom is a big part of Poyet and our success.

On the likeability poll Poyet wins hands down, but only when things start going wrong on the pitch will we know how great Poyet is.

I personally feel Wilkins with a similar budget would have had us promoted the last year.

As they say that is now history.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
As a so called JCL I have to admit I wouldn'thave bought a season ticket if it wasn't for the direct debit scheme. To be able to watch good football for £33 a month is good value & who ever decided on that offer deserves a big bonus. I personnally think I will renew every season as it will be easy just to let the direct debit keep running & I should imagine the majority of us JCL's will do the same. However if I get any attitude about JCL's in the ground I'll probably end up banned anyway!

More the merrier - welcome

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
It will be very interesting to see how many STH actually renew the season after next, the initial interest was always going to be massive for reasons I need not explain!! but once the first season is out the way and reality sets in, it will be interesting.

Thoughts??
Unless my circumstances change I can tell you now that I won't be renewing. I could only afford it because I came in to a bulk sum of money that almost exactly covered the cost.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Probably been asked and answered before but does the 22,500 inlcude the directors box and also an allowance for complimentary tickets for WAGS etc. It is reported we can only sell 18,500. That, plus the 2,500 for league away, 1,000 match by match (to cater for away cup allocation) leaves 500 unaccounted for!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Probably been asked and answered before but does the 22,500 inlcude the directors box and also an allowance for complimentary tickets for WAGS etc. It is reported we can only sell 18,500. That, plus the 2,500 for league away, 1,000 match by match (to cater for away cup allocation) leaves 500 unaccounted for!
15,500 normal season tickets
2,900 1901s
2,200 away fans
900 general sale
1,000 for directors, complimentaries, special use (and any left over for general sale)

And that's 22,500

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

JCL, please be a Johnny Come Permanently :thumbsup:

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Thanks. On a personal note I used to attend regularly at the Goldstone & have been to a Withdean a few times. However the lack of atmosphere (purely due to the stadium) & the distance from the pitch simply ruined the spectacle for me. I'm sure there must be plenty of people like me & perhaps we should be rebranded as JCB's (Johhny Come Backs).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
15,500 normal season tickets
2,900 1901s
2,200 away fans
900 general sale
1,000 for directors, complimentaries, special use (and any left over for general sale)

And that's 22,500

now i dont doubt you personally, but there have been various changes and differences over the weeks, so where is this sourced from? i recall an interview with Ken Brown where it was stated the pay on the day was x % of the total, which worked out at just over 1100.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Thoughts??
Depends on how we do to a certain extent, but I also think that the lack of pay on the day tickets will create a demand for new season ticket applications next year by those frustrated at not getting in.

If we're relegated we won't sell as many.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
now i dont doubt you personally, but there have been various changes and differences over the weeks, so where is this sourced from? i recall an interview with Ken Brown where it was stated the pay on the day was x % of the total, which worked out at just over 1100.
I can't remember to be honest, mate! Besides which, I wouldn't be surprised to see the club amend those figures - they won't turn down more cash up front if the demand for season tickets is still far bigger than supply. I can well see a reduction in the bottom two figures, and they'll then have to do their best in in making part of the away end available for general sale in situations where the away team looks unlikely to sell out.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

What is a JCL

Templeman

Feb 5, 2010
Got a call from the club yesterday selling PSL, salesman said there is already a waiting list of over 100 for WSU season tickets, and most of the season tickets available are singles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports