Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 17th April 2017. How was yours?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I was there and it was great.

Today I went to Tesco in Rustington in the drizzle and had to queue outside and then be let in by a girl in a face mask who told me to follow the one way system and not get too close to anyone.

2017 was better.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Great day, we went out beforehand as a family for lunch, had a stinking hangover from a day at Plumpton races the previous day but that soon cleared as the match progressed..

My abiding memory was my (then) 7 year old, who had very much taken Paul Barbers pre match message to heart, and was absolutely adamant that we were not to go on the pitch after the match... and despite there literally being thousands of people already on the pitch by the time we got to the front... I practically had to drag him over the advertising hoardings, kicking and screaming to join in the celebrations :laugh:

Got some lovely family snaps for the album and in every one, he’s looking incredibly nervous, anxiously seeking out either a steward or Paul Barber himself from the corner of his eyes.... happy day indeed.....

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It was a lovely morning and a brilliant evening.

6E0ABCFD-49C2-4689-B16C-41B143F9E7AA.jpeg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I was there and it was great.

Today I went to Tesco in Rustington in the drizzle and had to queue outside and then be let in by a girl in a face mask who told me to follow the one way system and not get too close to anyone.

2017 was better.

Exactly! Being of a certain vintage, I watched the pitch invasion and subsequent celebrations from the safety of East Stand Upper and what a day it was. In earlier promotion seasons I too would have been on the pitch - I was at Newcastle all those years ago!! I will always recall in the train, actually in Bo Peep tunnel, (Hastings residents will know) when the chap behind me said that Huddersfield had lost, which meant that we were mathematically certain , as opposed to almost certain at the end of the Wigan match. Fantastic day.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It was my last game before I moved up North, and thus my only shot at actually being there when we got promoted.

The whole day was brilliant, except for about a minute after Wigan scored when I was convinced we were going to blow it. The noise on the NS concourse when Derby scored and when the final whistle went was something I'll never forget, and both pitch invasions were memorable too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great day, we went out beforehand as a family for lunch, had a stinking hangover from a day at Plumpton races the previous day but that soon cleared as the match progressed..

My abiding memory was my (then) 7 year old, who had very much taken Paul Barbers pre match message to heart, and was absolutely adamant that we were not to go on the pitch after the match... and despite there literally being thousands of people already on the pitch by the time we got to the front... I practically had to drag him over the advertising hoardings, kicking and screaming to join in the celebrations :laugh:

Got some lovely family snaps for the album and in every one, he’s looking incredibly nervous, anxiously seeking out either a steward or Paul Barber himself from the corner of his eyes.... happy day indeed.....

Tell him he’s busted.......
eb847e0fd4ce1ebe8d2008543e67b208.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have a great photo of my daughter with a pint in her hand sitting on the centre spot, marvellous scenes. In a lot of ways the second pitch invasion was more memorable than the first one. It was a perfect day.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
We shouted, cheered and sang in the East Stand but there are limits when it comes to pitch invasions - most of us weren’t capable of climbing over the advertising lights!

2CFE2148-490F-43A5-BD69-C4906AC106BC.jpeg

Edit - see what happens when you get excited!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here