Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

16 Things we learnt after that incredible Fulham Awayday

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Bloody good effort Chaileyjem. It appears you are matey with my brothers brother in law. A certain Nottingham Forest fan with 2 lads who play for Chailey? Air steward for BA? Terry M? Ring any bells?

I know him well. Top Lad.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I actually do think I've fallen in love with Tomer Hemed

Given that he hasn't exactly done anything spectacular on the pitch (here, I can think of his two penalties, the header vs Forest, the shot that hit the bar vs Fulham, and that clearance after Smith's header hit the post vs Fulham), it's quite remarkable what else he seems to bring to the team. There's that desire to win, closeness with King Kayal, coolness of finishing, the way that he seems to marshall the attacking players in the hunt-in-packs closing down up front, the fact that -- like Kayal -- whenever he's interviewed he's always mentioning what he can do for the team and, no doubt, much, much more. Him and Bong already look the business, Hunnemeier had a fine start on Saturday, Rosenoir is just a model pro, here's hoping for Murphy, and one or two new ones too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Given that he hasn't exactly done anything spectacular on the pitch (here, I can think of his two penalties, the header vs Forest, the shot that hit the bar vs Fulham, and that clearance after Smith's header hit the post vs Fulham), it's quite remarkable what else he seems to bring to the team. There's that desire to win, closeness with King Kayal, coolness of finishing, the way that he seems to marshall the attacking players in the hunt-in-packs closing down up front, the fact that -- like Kayal -- whenever he's interviewed he's always mentioning what he can do for the team and, no doubt, much, much more. Him and Bong already look the business, Hunnemeier had a fine start on Saturday, Rosenoir is just a model pro, here's hoping for Murphy, and one or two new ones too.

All of this. From what I saw on Saturday and against Forest there seems to a great team spirit developing, but with an edgy streak as well (we chuckled on Saturday when Stephens misplaced a pass in the warm-up -Kayal looked like he was going to go across and give him a slap). CH and team must be galvanising them off the pitch, we've without doubt got more obvious leaders on the pitch now (Stockdale, Greer, Kayal, Hemed at least with good signs from the Hunemonster too) and I think the players being OURS and not loanees means they have far more commitment to the club. Last minute winners can only help with this. Such a massive change in spirit and attitude from last season from what I've seen so far.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But at least his posts are factual ie PB actually said this or TB said this, which gives a reasonable base for the supposition, conjecture and rumour-mongering to start from.

Nope dont agree. Sorry :bigwave:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

All of this. From what I saw on Saturday and against Forest there seems to a great team spirit developing, but with an edgy streak as well (we chuckled on Saturday when Stephens misplaced a pass in the warm-up -Kayal looked like he was going to go across and give him a slap). CH and team must be galvanising them off the pitch, we've without doubt got more obvious leaders on the pitch now (Stockdale, Greer, Kayal, Hemed at least with good signs from the Hunemonster too) and I think the players being OURS and not loanees means they have far more commitment to the club. Last minute winners can only help with this. Such a massive change in spirit and attitude from last season from what I've seen so far.

Yep - both spot on, and its definitely no accident. From a personality / character perspective, we have been focusing on the right kind of players.

We needed it, too - were absolutely short of leaders on the field.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here