Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£150k to spend - who would you go for?

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I think we should have bought a 1/53rd stake in Anelka :banana: (I admit the dancing banana is irrelevant)

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
elwheelio said:
I think we should have bought a 1/53rd stake in Anelka :banana: (I admit the dancing banana is irrelevant)

Oops ! Silly boy, as Anelka is black that banana could label you a racist :lolol:

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I'd like Reddy too, though I'm sure Kinky Gerbil's mum has her charms

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
how about we give 50k to magoo to piss off and then, if we're not going to sign anyone anyway, stick the other 100k on a horse.

Worst case scenario: No Magoo, no striker

Best case Scenario: No Magoo and more money :mexican:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
elwheelio said:
how about we give 50k to magoo to piss off and then, if we're not going to sign anyone anyway, stick the other 100k on a horse.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
elwheelio said:

:lolol: :clap: :clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Question is, is the 150k a transfer fee or is it payment staggered over 3 years or even to include wages and the transfer fee?

I know we apparently offered 150k but it would be interesting to know how the bid worked. Not much good offering 150k to a club if the player is going to be paid peanuts if they accepted, which i know Barnet didn't. I reckon we'd have to pay a minimum of 75k a year in wages as well. Will the budget run to that?

CKR's 250k included 3 years wages didn't it, and he'd only played about 10 games or so for Bury. We'd have to go well over that in total to get a quality player with experience to lead the line.

In answer to the thread question, I have no idea
:)

Last edited:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
In all seriousness, if I had that much to spend, I'd go for someone like Luke Beckett or Chris Greenacre. Both will score goals in this league and wouldn't be as much as £150k.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
£150K isn't a lot these days in the league, I was thinking we had £250K which would be more the mark.

You can get an individual pork pie for 86p which means with £150K we could buy 174,419 pork pies and pile them up in the shape of a 6ft 1 in striker and put a shirt and shorts on him/it/pork pie striker man. As long as we kept them wrapped we could perhaps even re-sell them for a small profit at the end of the season.

Note, the dimensions of our striker change if we use Medium pork pies, £1.40 each giving us 107,142 pies, still made from rich hot water pastry filled with the finest cuts of pork, seasoned with salt and pepper, and crisply baked...just a slightly smaller striker.

On another note, if we buy 174,419 pork pies at 86p each and sell them at matches and in Brighton for £1.50 we'd have £262K to spend on a striker..that'd give us our man at Barnet.

Something to chew on or just a load of pork pies..like our new striker.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Kinky Gerbils said:
A left back

Paul Mayo please

We need a striker more than a left back. A decent striker in this division can be the difference between mid-table and promotion.

Rufio

Aug 19, 2006
supaseagull said:
In all seriousness, if I had that much to spend, I'd go for someone like Luke Beckett or Chris Greenacre. Both will score goals in this league and wouldn't be as much as £150k.
Beckett has only this summer gone to Huddersfield.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
paddy said:
We need a striker more than a left back. A decent striker in this division can be the difference between mid-table and promotion.

Been ahead i all the games so far - thats not a strker issue.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Perhaps we can improve our offer as we have sold CKR for that Barnet player.I still think he will be a risk though

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here