Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 15 Years ago today

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm calling it. That was the single worst performance in Brighton history.

Even thrashings from the 70, even the desperation time of the mid 90s cannot have been as inept as that
I was there. It was incredible.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The heart of football. Valentines Day 1998. I chucked a card at my then Girlfriend, now wife and went off to make that awful journey to watch that disgrace. She wasn't happy. 25 years later, she still mentions it. I've always told her that it could have been worse. I could have invited her.
I have a photo of the away corner. All 56 of them.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'm calling it. That was the single worst performance in Brighton history.

Even thrashings from the 70, even the desperation time of the mid 90s cannot have been as inept as that
Doncaster at Priestfield, Fans United 2, not just the worst Albion performance of all time but very probably the worst game of professional football played in England.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The heart of football. Valentines Day 1998. I chucked a card at my then Girlfriend, now wife and went off to make that awful journey to watch that disgrace. She wasn't happy. 25 years later, she still mentions it. I've always told her that it could have been worse. I could have invited her.
I snuck into a room which was allegedly a private box at Priestfield and watched both the second half and Carry On Henry on Meridian simultaneously.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
I might be a grumpy old so and so but these threads get a bit tiresome. The older lot remember those days (like me) but it turns in to a ‘what crap game did I see to show I’m a time served seagull’ nonsense.

Live in the now.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I might be a grumpy old so and so but these threads get a bit tiresome. The older lot remember those days (like me) but it turns in to a ‘what crap game did I see to show I’m a time served seagull’ nonsense.

Live in the now.
I have an element of sympathy with that view, we do sometimes sound like a load of Uncle Alberts going "During the war ..." (You youngsters don't know you're born)

But ultimately - so what? And today of all days it's especially poignant looking back.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The fact so many of us remember Clayton Ince's name shows how bad that game was.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here