Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 15 Years Ago Today, I Took This Photo...

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
F9wiNKLWcAACJIE.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thanks, will bookmark the Tumblr. Absolutely LOVED these updates back in the day.

Only TINY criticism (and it is tiny) is that you could've chucked in a few Aniston pictures every so often.

Last edited:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Am I the only one who was surprised it was only 15 years ago? Feel like we’ve been at the Amex for ages. Maybe that’s just what it feels like waiting for the trains

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
incredible that the club can build a stadium quicker than delivering a football shirt or a documentary!

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Who can forget that massive crane? I seem to remember it was transported down, in bits, on about 20 lorries or something.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I took this wide-angle snap on 29-Oct-2005 - the day after 2-Jags Prescott [deputy PM at the time] gave his approval to the Falmer plans and "We're on our way!"

I was stood on the corner of The Drove and Village Way - always planned to go back and do a what it looks like now photo but maybe I'll wait a few more years and slot it in the Old Brighton Postcard thread.

Wide angle.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sod all this the refund on the three match Europa Cup home ticket is beyond a joke if you can't attend one game.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I took this wide-angle snap on 29-Oct-2005 - the day after 2-Jags Prescott [deputy PM at the time] gave his approval to the Falmer plans and "We're on our way!"

I was stood on the corner of The Drove and Village Way - always planned to go back and do a what it looks like now photo but maybe I'll wait a few more years and slot it in the Old Brighton Postcard thread.

View attachment 168982
That pic just brings it home to you what a rural peaceful village Falmer was back in the day. Mind you l suppose it still pretty much is as long as you avoid match days.

I can't say l had ever paid Falmer a visit until the Amex was built, but then again why would l? not being either a university student nor a devotee of the Swan publkic house, there wasn't a lot of point going there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here