Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15,000 Season tickets to be sold by the end of the week

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
Leeds united are really pleased up here as they've sold 12000 for next season already it just shows what an achievement selling that kind of volume actually is!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yes he could have done and they would have taken his money. Frankly I wish I'd done that.
I've been off work sick and staying with relatives in Patcham (you may remember we all met @ The White Horse pub in High Wycombe, where I’m the landlord, when the Seagulls played Wycombe the season before last) night so I did the phone thing and went to the 'presentation.' Given the amounts of money that everyone present was committed to spend I thought the whole thing pretty dismal. Car parking arrangements were zero, their list of those attending was clearly inaccurate (although it was compiled from phone calls) and the presentation itself was made by someone called ‘Matt’ who is unconnected with the club and was, I thought, largely inarticulate. ‘Highlight’ of the whole thing was a trip complete with loaned high viz jacket and hard hat half way down to the stadium to see into a corner.
I brought three season tickets for myself and the family, but I would have done that anyway. And, frankly, if I hadn’t been in the area I doubt if I would have gone through all this nonsense. Wasn’t like this when I had a ticket in the South stand @ the Goldstone, even if it did catch fire from time to time!
This is the reason why i didn't bother going to the presentation as i knew what it was all about,its just to much effort for fans living outside brighton.Christ people just want to buy a season ticket with ease and no complications.

Might pop in your pub sometime as im in wycombe most days :drink:

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
Leeds united are really pleased up here as they've sold 12000 for next season already it just shows what an achievement selling that kind of volume actually is!

wow that is good going then as leeds seem to have a very large fanbase. just hope it will be the same for the season after.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Car parking arrangements were zero,

No they were not, there was a dedicated car park five minutes walk away or, as I did, plenty of parking outside the Swan where we had a drink before we attended the presentation, a ten minute walk. If you had a late presentation you could park at the ground. IT IS A BUILDING SITE WITH HEAVY VEHICLES COMING AND GOING ALL DAY FFS is there really any suprise parking at the ground was not possible at other time. God people are so lazy nowadays.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I always said we would sell the whole lot. I know Sooooo many people who have not been to Withdean who had said they'd get a season ticket. Today a Man Utd fan at work said he was getting one for him and his son. Lovely stuff.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
I always said we would sell the whole lot. I know Sooooo many people who have not been to Withdean who had said they'd get a season ticket. Today a Man Utd fan at work said he was getting one for him and his son. Lovely stuff.

what will they be like at matches though? will they be shouting to adam greer to hoof it forward, claiming nani is better than noone! just hope all these newcomers wont make it a souless ground.

rustyboy

Aug 23, 2009
Lewes,East Sussex
Great News!! I was never in doubt that we would fill that stadium,i have heard so many sarcastic comments from supporters of other clubs saying "being able to fill it up",so its AGINCOURT to all you 'kin lot!!!! "Seagulls,Seagulls,Seagulls"

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Yes he could have done and they would have taken his money. Frankly I wish I'd done that.
I've been off work sick and staying with relatives in Patcham (you may remember we all met @ The White Horse pub in High Wycombe, where I’m the landlord, when the Seagulls played Wycombe the season before last) night so I did the phone thing and went to the 'presentation.' Given the amounts of money that everyone present was committed to spend I thought the whole thing pretty dismal. Car parking arrangements were zero, their list of those attending was clearly inaccurate (although it was compiled from phone calls) and the presentation itself was made by someone called ‘Matt’ who is unconnected with the club and was, I thought, largely inarticulate. ‘Highlight’ of the whole thing was a trip complete with loaned high viz jacket and hard hat half way down to the stadium to see into a corner.
I brought three season tickets for myself and the family, but I would have done that anyway. And, frankly, if I hadn’t been in the area I doubt if I would have gone through all this nonsense. Wasn’t like this when I had a ticket in the South stand @ the Goldstone, even if it did catch fire from time to time!

From my experience of it, I disagree with just about everything you have said.

- The car parking arrangements were clearly stated - the farm in Falmer. What was wrong with that?

- It was a good presentation which, crucially, helped us make up our minds in which area we wanted to sit.

- We liked the ability to see on a screen the available seats in our chosen area.

- We didn't expect to get a guided tour of the whole stadium so the view of a corner was fine.

I suppose that if one really wants to be miserable and criticise and complain, one will always find a way.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
From my experience of it, I disagree with just about everything you have said.

- The car parking arrangements were clearly stated - the farm in Falmer. What was wrong with that?

- It was a good presentation which, crucially, helped us make up our minds in which area we wanted to sit.

- We liked the ability to see on a screen the available seats in our chosen area.

- We didn't expect to get a guided tour of the whole stadium so the view of a corner was fine.

I suppose that if one really wants to be miserable and criticise and complain, one will always find a way.

Fair enough. Maybe I got a bad afternoon. What I did get, in the end, was the season tickets I wanted. And that, in turn will mean a great deal - as an Albion fan both living some way from Brighton and running a pub I end up with a great deal of mickey taking from so called fans from Liverpool and Manchester who ain't been to those cities in their lives. I'm just looking forward to pushing it back to 'em next season!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You'll need to tell him that if they both want to go together then he'll need two.

Hope this helps.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£395-£595

The dealbreaker is being able to pay on a 12 month rolling direct debit so te cheapest is £33 a month and the most expensive £49 a month

sorry to be pedantic but the dd option is a dealmaker :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here