Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

145th Open Championship at Royal Troon

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I wish Sky would stop showing putts with hand held cameras , you can't see the line , or how hard they hit the ball , come on Sky let's show the golf properly

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely brilliant from Lefty and really should have had that historic 62. I hope he continues in a similar vein Tomorrow and the weekend:lolol: The yanks have really shown our lot how its done Today. Totally different weather Tomorrow by the looks of it though.

I think the coverage has been very good and much better than the boring lazy shit that the BBC turn out year after year.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Great golf from Phil Mic.
I'm on Kaymer, Stenson and Rose so all three had good 1st rounds.
Needs the wind to blow to make it a proper Open

Holding McCourt

Oct 4, 2015
Flying up tomorrow for the weekend.

On Stenson @ 25/1, Hatton 150/1!, Mickleson 40/1, Kaymer 40/1, Sullivan 80/1 & Manassero 150/1 (on his way back after huge slump)

Enjoy

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Take a bow Phil Mickelson, he's got the tournament off to a wonderful start.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Just two days to the start and Sky have the coverage this year starting at 6:30AM with Monty taking the first tee shot at 6:35. A bit gutted I'm not there as I went to St Andrews last year for the week and the Monday too:smile: You see more on the telly but you really can't beat being there for seeing just how good the top players are. I play ok but these boys are on a different planet.

I'm more than happy taking on the four at the front of the betting at the prices.

My main bet is Phil Mickelson and I've been backing him each way for a while at 50/1 and 55 on Betfair. He came third here last time it was at Troon in 2004 and is playing ok at the moment. 6 under in the last round at Castle Stuart sets him up nicely. Won in 2013 for me which was handy.

My other bets...and there's plenty of them:mad:

Andy Sullivan 100/1 ew - Englishman improving all the time and he'll contend in majors soon enough. A decent showing in Scotland last week saw his price come in a bit.
Porridge Harrington 200/1 ew. That price went west after his performance at the Scottish Open. The worse the weather is the better the chance he has.
Martin Kaymer 60 on Betfair. Knows how to win majors and in form this season.
Adam Scott 27 Betfair. Another major winner and very much in form and another major beckons.
Louis Oosthuizen 55 Betfair. Won in 2010 and is finding form again.
Shane Lowry 55 Betfair. Improving and came 2nd in the US Open. Suited to links golf and he'll win an Open before he finishes his career.
Zach Johnson 80 Betfair. Last years winner and he has the game for Troon as you have to be on the short stuff.
Jim Furyk 110 Betfair. Old Jim has shown signs of life this year and already has an Open in the bag.
Graeme McDowell 120 Betfair. Been in the wilderness but coming back and is another who will be suited to Troon.
Hideto Tanihara 1000 Betfair. Who? World number 69 and has won his last two tournaments in Japan. 20/1 ew Ladbrokes for top Asian is good too.

One of the best weeks of the year for me and I'll be watching it all :smile:

Great shout for Phil. Still early days... Was talked ou of betting him by a friend... Someone with his pedigree always has a shout of winning... I backed Shane Lawry :facepalm: and casey.. normally i usually bet a runner that has a chance of winning up until the final day... Looks like i may need to do an inplay..

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Phil has been absolutely majestic so far. He's had the luck of the draw but he's taken full advantage of it. The rain has started and the wind is getting up which will make it fun now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have backed and laid Rose, Fowler and Garcia at SkyBet. It all means that if any of them finish 6th or 7th, I'm quids in (at no risk whatsoever).

They are all within a shot or two of 6th and 7th at the moment, so I'm hopeful. :)

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
The Scottish Summer has arrived in style now. The players out there now have been shafted with the draw but they weren't saying that when they were ripping up the front 9 yesterday morning.

Great news for Lefty backers with only 3 players within 4 shots of him. Stenson is a perennial blower, Bradley's putting wont hold up and Kjeldsen has never been in contention for a major but is a good shit weather player. Zach is dangerous on -5 but I've backed him. I'd say Lefty takes this now and the 5/2 is decent value.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I can't get past Andrew Johnson looking like Taaj from Come Fly With Me.

gw_pp_andrewjohnstone_2016_0.jpg
82972fb3e48872f17fb9fc472d4f2012b6e966eb.gif

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
That Beef is a character...how do I know, because the sky commentators have told me about 100 times this week:moo::mad:

Stenson and Lefty been the best two golfers by far this week and if this goes to form then Stenson will be in full meltdown load Tomorrow. I've layed him at 1.8 and probably will again despite being on Lefty at 50/1. Place money assured bar an absolute meltdown. I think Phil should be favourite with Stenson finishing in the top five in majors in the last 6 years including second to Phil in the 2013 Open at Muirfield. Phil is an absolute genius around the greens and I think that will see him through Tomorrow.....here's hoping:D

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I'm on Henrik at 28's so no guess whose flag i'm waving

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
An amazing first 8 holes from these two. A complete birdie fest and this is going to the wire.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like it's Stenson's to lose now

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
An unbelievable afternoon of golf and if you'd have told me I'd back someone who was 11 shots clear of the third and not collect the win money I'd laughed very loudly. Fair play to Stenson, he has been brilliant and I didn't think he had it in him. Collected the 50/1 EW money on Phil anyway and backed him to be in the top 10, also greened up the betfair market when Stenson went to 2.3. Its been quite a good week.

From a non punting point of view its been a brilliant week which has been made by Sky's coverage which has been absolutely brilliant from start to finish. They have made the BBC look like the amateurs they are.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Superb golf by both of them, and happy days ....nice one Henrik. Kerching

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Best final round of the Open that I can remember , even better than Toms and Jacks duel in the sun at Turnberry back in1977, quality of the golf was great ,Bet poor old Phill probably still can't understand how he shot a 65 and still lost by 3

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
An unbelievable afternoon of golf and if you'd have told me I'd back someone who was 11 shots clear of the third and not collect the win money I'd laughed very loudly. Fair play to Stenson, he has been brilliant and I didn't think he had it in him. Collected the 50/1 EW money on Phil anyway and backed him to be in the top 10, also greened up the betfair market when Stenson went to 2.3. Its been quite a good week.

From a non punting point of view its been a brilliant week which has been made by Sky's coverage which has been absolutely brilliant from start to finish. They have made the BBC look like the amateurs they are.

This, this and this. Sensational. Loved it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here